2017 Annual Conference
QUALITY Content for the Whole REHAB Team
BEST Rate EXTENDED through 8 JUNE
See the News about SPECIAL SYMPOSIUM >> led by John Whyte
More than a conference...
- 6 days of the LATEST RESEARCH translated to practice
- NONSTOP CONTENT for 18 focus areas — all under one roof
- PLUS dozens of cross-cutting topics spanning multiple diagnoses/focus areas
- CME / CEUs for 15 Disciplines
- Up to 44 credit hours — more than any other event
- POWERHOUSE speaker line-up — renowned names in rehab
- 600+ scientific paper & poster presentations
- 250+ educational sessions, symposia & lectures
- 3,000+ attendees from around the world
- DOZENS of ACRM Meetings: interdisciplinary special interest groups, networking groups & task forces—join us!
- Exciting ACRM REHAB EXPO HALL:
- Chat with the Experts
- Poster Grand Rounds
- Product Theater
- RECEPTIONS I, II, III
- Inter-professional, international audience
- Cooperative inclusive environment where whole rehab team is welcome
- NETWORKING with potential collaborators, funders, mentors, employers
- THE place for everyone interested in rehabilitation research — YOU are welcome here!
- INTERDISCIPLINARY, cooperative, inclusive environment— Where every member of the rehab team is welcome and valued
RETURNING bigger & better in 2017 ...
IN A NUTSHELL ...
The ACRM Conference: Progress in Rehabilitation Research (PIRR) brings together an inter-professional mix of rehabilitation professionals from around the world to learn about cutting-edge research and its translation into clinical practice to improve the quality of life experienced by people with disabilities.
NONSTOP CONTENT for 18 Focus Areas
Build a diverse personal itinerary by selecting educational sessions from any of the following focus areas, or choose 3 days of NONSTOP content focused on a single diagnosis. YOU pick the content that's right for you.
Programming by focus area:
- Brain Injury
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Clinical Practice
- Complementary, Integrative Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Health/disability policy, ethics, advocacy
- Limb Restoration Rehabilitation
- Military and Veterans Affairs
- Neurodegenerative disease (e.g., MS, Parkinson's disease)
- Neuroplasticity (includes neuroscience)
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Arts & Neuroscience
- Technology (e.g., prosthetics/orthotics, robotics, assistive technology)
- PLUS cross-cutting topics spanning multiple focus areas
As the largest interdisciplinary conference in the world for rehabilitation research, ACRM:
- Brings together all members of the rehabilitation team for PEER-TO-PEER learning at its best
- Provides a platform for critical INTERDISCIPLINARY exchange
- Translates and disseminates the LATEST RESEARCH findings
- BRIDGES THE GAP between Research and Practice
- Promotes a COLLABORATIVE & INCLUSIVE culture
- Informs EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE and standards
- Provides CONTINUING EDUCATION credit for 15 disciplines
All rehabilitation professionals, administrators, and caregivers who need to know about the latest advances in research and its impact on evidence-based practice.
- Athletic Trainers
- Case Managers
- Clinical Epidemiologists
- Clinical Researchers
- Movement and exercise specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Recreational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Rehabilitation Psychologists
- Rehabilitation/Academic Researchers
- School Administrators
- School Nurses
- Speech-Language Professionals
- Students/postdoctoral Fellows
- All members of the Rehabilitation Team
- Those with disabling conditions and their families
REGISTER ONLINE HERE or Register by Phone: +1.703.435.5335
*Although significant changes are not anticipated, all schedules, sessions, and presenters posted on this website are subject to change.