Spinal Cord Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group
|MISSION||SCI WEBINAR SERIES|
The ACRM Spinal Cord Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (SCI-ISIG) is a community of interdisciplinary professionals who work to enhance educational and networking opportunities for ACRM members interested in SCI, and to advance clinical practice to improve the lives of people with SCI.
The mission of the ACRM SCI-ISIG is to advance the field of SCI rehabilitation and research by:
- Providing opportunities for professional development
- Advocating for standards of practice and research
- Supporting a forum for interdisciplinary and international exchange and collaboration
APPLY TO ACRM MENTORING PROGRAM
The SCI-ISIG is partnering with the Career Development Networking Group (CDNG) Mentoring Program to facilitate the development of mentoring relationships at varying career stages. The Mentorship Application was emailed to all ACRM members participating in the SCI-ISIG on 23 February from crobinson@ACRM.org.
If you are an ACRM member interested in being matched with a mentor or mentee from the SCI-ISIG, please submit your application by 23 March at 5:00 PM ET. If you did not receive the application and wish to apply, please contact Cindy Robinson at crobinson@ACRM.org. The CDNG Mentoring Task Force will work with the SCI-ISIG Executive Committee to facilitate each mentoring match.
Spinal Cord Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group Meeting
THU, 18 MARCH: 4:00 – 6:00 PM ET
During the ACRM 2021 VIRTUAL Spring Meeting
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Advance SCI research and promote research collaboration
- Establish an interdisciplinary research agenda
- Promote translation of evidence to enhance clinical expertise and practice
- Conduct state-of-the-art reviews of practice in spinal cord care
- Enhance competencies of an interdisciplinary team member in SCI rehabilitation
- Participate in continuing education offerings specific to the interests of SCI researchers and clinicians
- Plan an educational course for the ACRM Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research
- Develop and receive informational and instructional media, like the FES Task Force Webinar Series
Become involved in an SCI-ISIG task force by contacting the task force chair.
- Continuing education opportunities
- Opportunity to plan educational courses for the ACRM Annual Conference
- Task Force participation
- Collaborative research opportunities
HOW TO JOIN THE SCI-ISIG
The opportunity to participate in more than 20 specialized interdisciplinary special interest groups (ISIG) and networking groups and to engage in their task forces, is one of the most valuable benefits of ACRM membership.
Membership is available at various levels and includes a subscription to the most-cited journal in rehabilitation, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, as well as discounted member pricing on all ACRM products and events.
Click the JOIN NOW button to learn more or contact Member Services at +1.703.435.5335 for personal assistance.
Already an ACRM Member? Click here to log in and join the SCI-ISIG.
CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
- MEMBER GUIDE TO PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT >>
The Guide describes ACRM products, e.g., fact sheets, journal articles, manuals, and the procedure used by ACRM groups and committees to develop them. Includes a Product Development Worksheet and a Product Review Request Form.
- SCI-ISIG BROCHURE >>
- SCI-ISIG BYLAWS
Bylaws for the SCI-ISIG may be found in the ACRM Policies & Procedures Manual. To review the manual, please login to the Member Portal. In the left navigation, select “Members ONLY Access” and click the hyperlink for the Policies & Procedures Manual.