|FES WEBINAR SERIES|
The Spinal Cord Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (SCI-ISIG) is a community of interdisciplinary professionals who work to enhance educational and networking opportunities for ACRM members interested in SCI, and to advance clinical practice to improve the lives of people with SCI.
The mission of the SCI-ISIG is to advance the field of SCI rehabilitation and research by:
- Providing opportunities for professional development
- Advocating for standards of practice and research
- Supporting a forum for interdisciplinary and international exchange and collaboration
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
SERVE IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE
- The SCI-ISIG Nominations Committee is accepting nominations for SCI-ISIG Chair-Elect through 31 July. Self-nominations are also welcome and encouraged. Learn more >>
- Advance SCI research and promote research collaboration
- Establish an interdisciplinary research agenda
- Promote translation of evidence to enhance clinical expertise and practice
- Conduct state-of-the-art reviews of practice in spinal cord care
- Enhance competencies of an interdisciplinary team member in SCI rehabilitation
- Participate in continuing education offerings specific to the interests of SCI researchers and clinicians
- Plan an educational course for the ACRM Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research
- Develop and receive informational and instructional media, like the FES Task Force Webinar Series
Become involved in an SCI-ISIG task force by contacting the task force chair.
JOIN US AT THE ACRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Continuing education opportunities
- Opportunity to plan educational courses for the ACRM Annual Conference
- Task Force participation
- Collaborative research opportunities
HOW TO JOIN THE SCI-ISIG
The opportunity to participate in more than 20 specialized ACRM community groups, including interdisciplinary special interest groups (ISIG), networking groups and forming groups, is one of the most valuable benefits of ACRM membership.
Individual membership is available at various levels and includes a subscription to the most-cited journal in rehabilitation, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and discounted member pricing on all ACRM products and events. MORE >>>
ACRM institutional membership provides substantial discounts on all ACRM products and educational events, custom sponsorship and marketing opportunities, and the benefit of affiliation with the world’s largest association for interdisciplinary rehabilitation research. MORE >>>
- MEMBER GUIDE TO PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT >>
The Guide describes ACRM products, e.g., fact sheets, journal articles, manuals, and the procedure used by ACRM groups and committees to develop them. Includes a Product Development Worksheet and a Product Review Request Form.
- SCI-ISIG BROCHURE >>
- SCI-ISIG BYLAWS
Bylaws for the SCI-ISIG may be found in the ACRM Policies & Procedures Manual. To review the manual, please login to the Member Portal. In the left navigation, select “Members ONLY Access” and click the hyperlink for the Policies & Procedures Manual.