The mission of the Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group is to build awareness around the interface of music and the arts with neurorehabilitation, and establish opportunities for collaboration in cutting-edge research. The group will be an interdisciplinary forum for clinicians, researchers and artists to share their experiences, ideas and common goals of helping patients as they recover from neurological injury or illness.
The unique aspect of arts on healing makes the arts and neuroscience a broadly relevant topic across many diagnoses. We look forward to exploring shared interests and connections with other rehabilitation professionals and artists.
MEET US IN CHICAGO!
The ACRM Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group will meet at the ACRM Spring Meeting in Chicago and invites your participation. Whether you’re already a networking group member or just exploring new opportunities, we hope you’ll join us.
WHERE? Hilton Chicago
720 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL // Room 4A
WHEN? Thursday, 11 April 2019
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
MEMBER SPOTLIGHT ON CECI JUNO
Meet Ceci Juno, a member of the ACRM Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group from Ecuador. By day, she is a neurologic music therapist treating Parkinson’s disease, stroke, and TBI patients, and by night she’s a vocalist, pianist, guitarist and songwriter with the #1 hit single in Ecuador called Fantasmas. Above the Basement—Boston Music and Conversation interviewed her during the ACRM Conference in Dallas. Follow the link to learn more and hear a sample of her soothing, jazzy, Latin-inspired music. Read more >>
MUSIC & MOVEMENT SYMPOSIUM with Ben Folds & Pamela Quinn
BRINGING RESEARCH TO PRACTICE
PROGRAM COMMITTEE LIAISON: Erin Wegener, MM MT-BC NMT Fellow CBIS
Spectrum Health NeuroRehab Services
RESEARCH COORDINATOR: Lise Worthen-Chaudhari, MFA, MS, CCRC
Associate Director, Human Motion Analysis and Recovery Laboratory
Research Scientist, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Ohio State University Medical Center
HOW TO JOIN
- Email Ron Hirschberg AND Terri Compos to be added to the group’s listserv
- OR update your Member Profile to include the Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group by following the instructions below.
- Login to the ACRM Members Portal
- Click “My Information” in the left navigation
- Click “Edit/View Information” in the horizontal navigation
- Scroll down near the bottom of the page and select all groups in which you wish to participate.
- Click “Save.”
Non-members are invited to participate free of charge in any ACRM networking group by registering for an introductory membership.
- Click the JOIN NOW button below to complete a “Non-Member/Visitor Form.
- Scroll down near the bottom of the page and select all networking groups in which you wish to participate.
- Click “Create Account” (bottom right) to finish the transaction.
GOALS & OPPORTUNITIES
- To establish best clinical practices in delivery of neurologic music therapy (NMT)
- To promotion and support the field of NMT and other therapeutic advances in arts
- To grow research development in the neuroscience and music, rhythm and motion
- To explore all areas in the arts, including dance