The mission of the Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group (ANNG) is to build awareness around the interface of music and the arts with neurorehabilitation, and establish opportunities for collaboration in cutting-edge research. The group will be an interdisciplinary forum for clinicians, researchers and artists to share their experiences, ideas and common goals of helping patients as they recover from neurological injury or illness.
The unique aspect of arts on healing makes the arts and neuroscience a broadly relevant topic across many diagnoses. We look forward to exploring shared interests and connections with other rehabilitation professionals and artists.
GOALS & OPPORTUNITIES
- To establish best clinical practices in delivery of neurologic music therapy (NMT)
- To promotion and support the field of NMT and other therapeutic advances in arts
- To grow research development in the neuroscience and music, rhythm and motion
- To explore all areas in the arts, including dance
- Email Ron Hirschberg AND Terri Compos to be added to the group’s listserv
- OR update your Member Profile to include the Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group by following the instructions below:
- Login to the ACRM Members Portal
- Click “My Information” in the left navigation
- Click “Edit/View Information” in the horizontal navigation
- Scroll down near the bottom of the page and select all groups in which you wish to participate.
- Click “Save”
Non-members are invited to participate free of charge in any ACRM networking group by registering for an introductory membership.
- Click the JOIN NOW button below to complete a “Non-Member/Visitor Form.
- Scroll down near the bottom of the page and select all networking groups in which you wish to participate.
- Click “Create Account” (bottom right) to finish the transaction.
All conference attendees are automatically ACRM members. Non-members receive a 6-month introductory ACRM membership automatically with registration. Put your member benefits to work right away—join an ACRM community group and attend a community group or task force meeting! PLEASE NOTE: Dates and times are subject to change. Please check the Online Program for the most up-to-date information.
Thursday 7 NOV
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
- Arts & Neuroscience Networking Group Meeting (open for ALL to attend)
Location: 4G, 4th Floor