This Group strives to develop channels of communication and collaborations between researchers, clinicians, educators, and consumers to improve the care of the aforementioned individuals by positively impacting their health, function, and quality of life by influencing health policy and reimbursement in order to provide premier quality rehabilitation services.
- Participate and lead the field in cutting-edge education and research related to complementary, integrative, rehabilitation medicine
- Continuing education opportunities
- Opportunity to plan educational courses related to CIRMG for the ACRM Annual Conference
- Task force participation and development
- Collaborative research opportunities
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Allan Tyson and Matt Erb are polling CIRMNG members to gauge interest in participating in a closed discussion group on Facebook. The platform provides flexibility to discuss topics, share resources and interesting articles, post job opportunities, etc. This would be a non-commercial platform, meaning no advertising for personal gain, but a forum to discuss CIRM topics within rehabilitation medicine/therapy professions.
Reply by 9 December to Allan or Matt if you are interested in participating in a closed Facebook group for CIRM topics. Please also send them any links, papers, articles, you wish to share via CIRMNG’s social media channel.
NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
The CIRMNG plans to develop the following publications. Please contact the appropriate task force chair(s) to learn about opportunities to participate.
- Archives of PM&R Information/Education Pages
- Evidence reports
- White papers
- Practice Manuals
HOW TO JOIN
One of the primary benefits of ACRM membership is the opportunity to participate in ACRM Interdisciplinary Special Interest Groups (ISIG), Networking Groups, and new groups like the CIRMNG. There is no additional fee to participate. Learn about all ACRM community groups here.
- Click the JOIN NOW button
- Click “My Information” in the left navigation pane
- Click “Edit/View Information” in the horizontal navigation and update your member profile by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the groups in which you would like to participate.
- Save your changes by scrolling down to the bottom-right “Save” button
- Contact the CIRMNG Chair, Sonya Kim or Chair-Elect, Patricia Heyn to learn about ways to get involved.
Nonmembers are welcome and encouraged to participate in any ACRM networking group or new group, like the CIRMNG, free of charge on an introductory basis for up to two years.
- Click the JOIN NOW button
- Complete a “Nonmember/Visitors Form”
- Click “Create Account” at the bottom-right of page
- Contact the CIRMG chair, Sonya Kim or Chair-Elect, Patricia Heyn to learn about current opportunities to participate.