Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group
The NEW Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group invites your participation. The group organized with a goal to improve clinical education, treatment implementation, research, and evidence synthesis through continued development, dissemination, and implementation of the Rehabilitation Treatment Specification System (RTSS).
Have you used the RTSS? Share your feedback here >>
Our mission is to enable continued development and widespread adoption of the RTSS by:
- Providing a forum for ongoing discussion with rehabilitation professionals with diverse backgrounds who are interested in issues related to treatment specification
- Conducting RTSS implementation projects that inform further refinement and implementation of the RTSS
- Developing educational efforts to increase awareness of the RTSS and enable its use by rehabilitation professionals
PROBLEM & PURPOSE STATEMENTS
Problem: The rehabilitation field lacks a common framework for specifying the content of rehabilitation interventions.
Why Specification Matters: Describing rehabilitation interventions in a way that is understood across disciplines and specialty areas is critical to:
- Facilitate communication
- Translate research to practice
- Enhance clinical reasoning
- Aid clinician training
- Facilitate treatment replication and research syntheses
Purpose of Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group: To develop and disseminate a standardized way to define and describe rehabilitation treatments to benefit practice, research, and education.
The opportunity to participate in more than 20 specialized interdisciplinary special interest groups (ISIG) and networking groups and to engage in their task forces, is one of the most valuable benefits of ACRM membership.
Membership is available at various levels and includes a subscription to the most-cited journal in rehabilitation, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, as well as discounted member pricing on all ACRM products and events.
Click the JOIN NOW button to learn more or contact Member Services at +1.703.435.5335 for personal assistance. Contact a co-chair to learn more about this networking group and ways to participate.