Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group
The NEW Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group invites your participation. The group organized with a goal to improve clinical education, treatment implementation, research, and evidence synthesis through continued development, dissemination, and implementation of the Rehabilitation Treatment Specification System (RTSS).
Our mission is to enable continued development and widespread adoption of the RTSS by:
- Providing a forum for ongoing discussion with rehabilitation professionals with diverse backgrounds who are interested in issues related to treatment specification
- Conducting RTSS implementation projects that inform further refinement and implementation of the RTSS
- Developing educational efforts to increase awareness of the RTSS and enable its use by rehabilitation professionals
PROBLEM & PURPOSE STATEMENTS
Problem: The rehabilitation field lacks a common framework for specifying the content of rehabilitation interventions.
Why Specification Matters: Describing rehabilitation interventions in a way that is understood across disciplines and specialty areas is critical to:
- Facilitate communication
- Translate research to practice
- Enhance clinical reasoning
- Aid clinician training
- Facilitate treatment replication and research syntheses
Purpose of Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group: To develop and disseminate a standardized way to define and describe rehabilitation treatments to benefit practice, research, and education.
If you are interested in joining this networking group, we do request that you register as an ACRM visitor. ACRM membership is not required.
- After entering your profile details, you can “shop” for ACRM community groups. Select the “Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group” and others, if you wish (ISIG level groups require ACRM membership).
- Select “Purchase Now” (cost is $0)
- A confirmation email will then be sent to you
- You can also email memberServices@ACRM.org or +1-703-435-5335 for personal assistance.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY NETWORKING MEETINGS
Join us on Tuesday, 14 JAN 2020 // 3:00-4:00 PM EST
From your computer, tablet or smartphone, JOIN HERE
Via phone from the United States, dial +1 (408) 650-3123
Access Code: 612-195-205
NEW DAY & TIME in FEBRUARY
To enable more of our international membership to actively participate, our monthly meetings will move to a new day and time beginning in February 2020. Please save the date and plan to join us on Thursday, 13 February, 9:00-10:00 AM EST.
2019 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
Save the dates and plan to join us in Chicago for two amazing symposia to discuss progress on the NIDILRR and PCORI-funded Rehabilitation Treatment Specification System >>
Rehabilitation Treatment Specification Networking Group Meeting
Wednesday, 6 November // 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Room: 4B // 4th Floor
All are welcome! Come introduce yourself and network with colleagues who share your interests. This is a great time to meet the leadership, hear about our work, and discover opportunities to participate.
CHAIR: John Whyte, MD, PhD, FACRM
Institute Scientist Emeritus
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute