International Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (I-ISIG)
The ACRM International Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (IISIG) is a community of rehabilitation professionals from around the world whose mission is to communicate and collaborate across international boundaries to advance rehabilitation research and evidence-based practice.
It fosters international collaborations among rehabilitation researchers, consumers, and providers through multi-site research; disseminates evidence-based practice recommendations through active participation in the ACRM Annual Conference; and develops educational materials.
The IISIG will serve as a catalyst for ACRM’s global growth and through its membership and activities will bring an international perspective on rehabilitation research, service delivery, and education. It builds on the ACRM commitment to interdisciplinary research that reaches across health conditions and the continuum of rehabilitation care.
- Facilitate international exposure of ACRM and international representation at the ACRM meetings
- Serve as a liaison among discipline-specific ACRM communities as well as to communicate and collaborate across international boundaries to promote cultural sensitivity
- Advance interdisciplinary rehabilitation research, promote capacity building and improve rehabilitation outcomes through evidence-based practice.
- To foster international collaborations among rehabilitation researchers, consumers, and providers
- To disseminate evidence-based practice recommendations through active participation in the ACRM Annual Conference
- To develop educational materials
- To increase outreach through the IISIG newsletter and website
The opportunity to participate in more than 20 specialized interdisciplinary special interest groups (ISIG) and networking groups and to engage in their task forces, is one of the most valuable benefits of ACRM membership.
Membership is available at various levels and includes a subscription to the most-cited journal in rehabilitation, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, as well as discounted member pricing on all ACRM products and events.
Click the JOIN NOW button to learn more or contact Member Services at +1.703.435.5335 for personal assistance.
Already an ACRM Member? Click here to login and join the International ISIG.
“How Does ACRM Help Internationally?”
Fofi Constantinidou, PhD CCC-SLP, FACRM
Center for Applied Neuroscience, University of Cyprus