ACRM 2021 Integrative Rehabilitation Research Mentoring & Career Development Fellowship Application
The American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) is pleased to create opportunities for talented early career clinical investigators from underrepresented and diverse backgrounds such as Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders as well as individuals from a diverse range of gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin and cultural identity (i.e., immigrant origin) and disabilities, to have a prominent role in the ACRM 2021 Integrative Rehabilitation Research Mentoring & Career Development Fellowship.
The fellowship award includes full registration for and participation in the preconference workshop, as well as attendance to the ACRM 2021 VIRTUAL Annual Conference, and virtual engagements that occur throughout the year as described below.
Applicants are not required to be involved in complementary integrative medicine research, or in an integrative health program at the time of the application. However, applicants must include their interest, plans, and commitment to contribute to the field of complementary integrative medicine.
Applications are open to early career clinical investigators from underrepresented and diverse backgrounds who are within 5 years of completing their terminal degree or clinical training (e.g., postdoctoral fellows and assistant professors). Applicants will be selected on a competitive basis.
Selected applicants are expected to:
- Participate in a pre-workshop webinar
- Participate fully in the components of the virtual workshop
- Participate in the state-of-the-art ACRM 2021 VIRTUAL Annual Conference, 26-29 September
- Complete program evaluation and surveys
- Participate in a focus group to evaluate the fellowship program
- Participate in the scheduled webinars and mentoring circles offered throughout the year 2021-2022
- Register and participate in the online networking platform offered exclusively for program fellows
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM ET on 15 June 2021.
To apply, please click the Application button below to complete an application form. Applications should include all elements outlined below using document formatting guidelines consistent with NIH grant application requirements.
Contact Sonya Kim.
The Application Form requires the following information:
Part I: Applicant Information
Part II: Short Essay (no more than 500 words):
- The Big Picture – Provide an overview of why you are applying to the program. You should address the following:
- Your primary reason(s) for applying
- Your strengths and qualifications to succeed as a fellow in complementary integrative rehabilitation medicine
- Why there is a need to increase inclusion of underrepresented minority scientists as clinical researchers of this approach
- The specific objectives you hope to achieve from this experience and how they relate to your career development and goals
- If applicable, describe your experiences and/or contributions in the complementary integrative health field, either in your program of study, professional work, or through community volunteering services, and how they will contribute to your fellowship experience.
- Long-Term Goals – Discuss how you plan to continue developing your complementary integrative rehabilitation medicine leadership skills after you complete the workshop fellowship. Explain how you envision the fellowship experience affecting your overall career based on your current professional plans.
Part III: Qualifications and Recommendations
- NIH Biosketch
- Letter of recommendation by a mentor or supervisor