SCI Webinar Series
It’s inspiring, it’s informative — Join us!
SCI Webinar Series will feature expert speakers quarterly on topics of interest. This is an opportunity to learn from and interact with the best in our field!
Watch for details coming soon!
PAST SCI-ISIG WEBINARS
- Spinal Cord Epidural Stimulation and Recovery of Motor Function After Chronic, Complete Spinal Cord Injury: Details Matter!
with Enrico Rejc, PhD
This presentation highlights the latest breakthroughs in using epidural stimulation in facilitating recovery of motor control in persons with SCI. Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to discuss the mechanisms of spinal cord epidural stimulation for motor recovery, and understand the importance of stimulation parameters and activity-based training characteristics. This webinar is brought to you by the SCI-ISIG Functional Electrical Stimulation & Technology Task Force.
- Breast Health Access and Women With Disabilities
with Roberta Carlin, MS, JD
AAHD’s work on breast health and women with disabilities will be discussed, focusing on over 10 years of AAHD’s work in this area to include: (1) educating health care providers, (2) mammography accessibility, and (3) self advocacy for women with disabilities.
- Implementation of Pressure Injury Prevention Best Practices
With Guest Speakers, Carol Scovil, PhD and Dalton Wolfe, PhD
Knowledge implementation is an important step to incorporate throughout the research process. This webinar will provide learners an opportunity to engage in an interactive presntation from authors of “Scovil et al. Implementation of Pressure Injury Prevention Best Practices Across 6 Canadian Rehabilitation Sites: Results From the Spinal Cord Injury Knowledge Mobilization Network. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2019 Feb 1;100(2):327-35,” on practical strategies of using active implementation frameworks to implement best practices in rehabilitation setting. Speakers will discuss barriers and facilitators to successful implementations. Indicators for evaluating successful implementation will be presented.
- Integrated Knowledge Translation and Consumer Engagement: A Primer for Rehabilitation Researchers and Clinicians
With Guest Speaker, John Chernesky
- An Overview of Rehabilitation With Powered Exoskeletons for Over Ground Walking Following Spinal Cord Injury
With Guest Speakers, Jaynie Yang, PT, PhD and Caitlin Hurd, PT, MSc
- Brain-Computer Interface Signaling and Control Webinar
With Guest Speaker, Samuel Clanton, MD, PhD
- Electrical Stimulation From Exercise to Locomotion
With Guest Speaker, Ashraf S. Gorgey, MPT, PhD, FACSM, FACRM
Get the Presentation Slides