Military & VA Content
Five DAYS of NONSTOP Military and VA Content
Offering 5 days of high-caliber educational content for military and VA, the ACRM 94th Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research (PIRR) provides outstanding value for every member of the rehab team.
More than 13 educational sessions, meetings & many more scientific papers & papers specifically relating to needs of rehabilitation in the military/VA — from traumatic brain injury to limb restoration & more... check out the whole ACRM Conference PROGRAM.
The ACRM Military / Veterans Affairs Networking Group builds bridges to close the gaps between the rehab science, non-government ACRM members and VA personnel — all working for IMPROVING LIVES and addressing specific needs of rehab in the military ranks.
Connect with this group and met them in Atlanta and discover opportunities for leadership and task force involvement.
Ways to View Military and VA Content
- Click on the flyer image to view a handy PDF of the content most relevant to Military and VA.
- The agendas below highlight all content with a DIRECT focus on Military and VA.
- Get the Conference App (ETA early July)
- Check out the Online Program (ETA early July)
Not-To-Miss Military and VA Focused Content
- Military and Veterans Networking Group Meeting
- Up to 44 hours of CE credits available*
Military and VA Instructional Courses
- #296808 – Brief PTSD Treatment in Rehabilitation Settings Using the "Battlefield Variant" Protocol CP, MIL
Marlin Moore, LaDonna Saxon
- #297047 – Improving Recognition and Treatment of Sleep Apnea in the Rehabilitation Setting to Improve Outcome CC, BI, MIL
Risa Nakase-Richardson, Daniel Schwartz, Karel Calero, Mo Modarres, Kathleen Bell, Kimberely Monden
Military and VA Symposia
- #302021 – Traumatic Brain Injury as a Chronic Health Condition: Long-Term Functional Change and Associated Comorbidities BI, MIL
Tessa Hart, Kristen Dams-O'Connor, Risa Nakase-Richardson, Jessica Ketchum, John Corrigan
- #296075 – Conducting Patient Engaged Research: Lessons Learned in the VA CP, MIL, BI
Maheen Adamson, Karen Besterman-Dahan, Kiersten Downs, Bridget Cotner
- #293856 – An Innovative Approach to Auditory Processing Treatment for Mild TBI in the Military Setting BI, MIL
Heechin Chae, Cynthia Zmroczek, Stacie Robarts, Hannah Bronson
- #288547 – Perspectives on Community Reintegration of Veterans and Service Members with TBI: Clinical Practice Implications BI, MIL
Gail Powell-Cope, Bridget Hahm, Christina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, Jason Lind, Angelle Sander, Christine Melillo, Karen Besterman-Dahan, Kiersten Downs, Nicole Antinori
- #293379 – Virtual Reality Innovations: Technology Enhanced Therapy for mTBI and Common Comorbid Conditions TEC, BI, MIL
Russell Gore, Loren Post, Ted Jones, Tracey Wallace
- #297096 – Using a Systems and Knowledge Translation Lens to Frame Clinical Recommendation Development and Implementation CP, BI, MIL
Inbal Eshel, Brooke Heintz
- #295737 – Progressive Return to Activity After Concussion: Provider Training in a Mixed Method Study Modifies Practice BI, MIL
Karen McCulloch, Keith Stuessi, Jason Bailie, Wesley Cole, Mark Ettenhofer, Emma Gregory
- #297045 – Translating the VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines to a Civilian Population: Toward an Amputation Model System LR, CP, MIL
George Gondo, Danielle Melton, Kristin Reeves, Joseph Webster, Jason Highsmith
- #297208 – Measurement of Sleep in Neurorehabilitation: The Role of Actigraphy BI, TEC, MIL
Risa Nakase-Richardson, Mo Modarres, Don Fogelberg, Jennifer Travis-Seidl
- #289738 – Evidence-Based Pharmacological Interventions After Traumatic Brain Injury MES, BI, MIL
Sonya Kim, Lilian Hoffecker, Lauren Terhorst, Xiaolei Hu, Marianne Montera, Shilpa Krishnan, Trudy Mallinson, Patricia Heyn
- #288421 – Emerging Technologies for Emotion Regulation after TBI TEC, BI, MIL
Tracey Wallace, John Morris, Leighanne Davis
FOCUS AREA ABBREVIATIONS: AN: Arts & Neuroscience // BI: Brain Injury // CAN: Cancer // CC: Cross-Cutting // CIRM: Complementary Integrative Rehabilitation Medicine // CP: Clinical Practice // DI: Diagnosis Independent // GER: Geriatric Rehabilitation // INT: International // LR: Limb Restoration // MES: Measurement // MIL: Military/VA // ND: Neurodegenerative Diseases // NP: Neuroplasticity // PAIN: Pain Rehabilitation // PED: Pediatric Rehabilitation // PHY: Physicians & Clinicians // POL: Health Policy & Legislation // SCI: Spinal Cord Injury // ST: Stroke // TEC: Technology
Military and VA Meetings
See the complete schedule of ACRM ISIG, networking group, and task force meetings and plan to join those that best align with your interests and expertise.
- Military and Veterans Networking Group Meeting
Military and VA-Related Paper Sessions
Join the ACRM Military / Veterans Affairs Networking Group (MVANG)
No need to wait for Atlanta to get involved! Check out the leadership and connect with the lively Military and Veterans Affairs Networking Group now...
REGISTER ONLINE HERE or Register by Phone: +1.703.435.5335
*Although significant changes are not anticipated, all schedules, sessions, and presenters posted on this website are subject to change.
*Up to 44 credit hours from Pre-Conference through end of Conference Mon - Sat 23 - 28 October. The number of credit hours available in any particular content area may be less.