Gala & Receptions
Gale & Receptions
EARLY CAREER & FIRST-TIME ATTENDEE WELCOME to ACRM
TUE 24 OCT
New to ACRM? Come to this casual "meet and greet" to hear about opportunities for networking and collaboration with ACRM interdisciplinary special interest and networking groups. Meet members of the ACRM Board of Governors and find out how to get involved.
Did you know that Nonmember Registration includes a 6-month introductory membership to ACRM? Start reaping the benefits right away by exploring the groups that best align with your interests. Then sign-up to participate. ACRM membership includes access to your choice of 18+ specialized groups.
ACRM EXPO OPENING Reception I (Open to all registrants)
WED 25 OCT
Attend the Welcome Reception Tuesday evening in the EXPO hall to network, network, network and kick-off the 2016 Annual Conference. Reconnect with old friends and meet some new ones, enjoy a cocktail, and visit the largest EXPO in ACRM history, unopposed by educational sessions.
EXPO Reception II (Open to all registrants)
THU 26 OCT
Held inside the EXPO, the Exhibitors Reception offers another opportunity to visit the exhibitors, Chat with an Expert, or attend a Product Theatre without missing a single symposium.
Henry B. Betts Awards Dinner & Gala
GALA TICKETED EVENT is included in the WORLD PASS
FRI 27 OCT
Beginning with cocktails and dinner, the Henry B. Betts Awards Gala celebrates recipients of this year’s prestigious ACRM awards, recognizing outstanding contributions to the field and service to ACRM.
Attire is business/ cocktail.
2017 ACRM Award Recipients
- Gold Key Award: TBD SUMMER 2016
- Distinguished Member Award: TBD
- John Stanley Coulter Award: TBD
- Deborah L. Wilkerson Early Career Award: TBD
- Elizabeth and Stanley Licht Award: TBD
- Edward Lowman Award: TBD
- Mitchell Rosenthal Memorial Award: TBD
*DOORS OPEN FREE TO ALL
After dinner and the awards presentations, the gala doors will open, free to all, with dancing and a cash bar as the celebration continues.
GALA TABLE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE
Sponsor a table front and center and receive the spotlight your institution's team deserves. Make this a special night of recognition, connections, and celebration.
Contact Jenny Richard, jrichard@ACRM.org, +1.703.574.5845 for full details.
Who was Henry B. Betts, MD?
- ACRM President 1975-76
- Founding member of the Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Outstanding teacher, colleague, mentor, friend
- His teachings and ideas are the gold standard in rehabilitation
- Princeton and University of Virginia Educated Physician
- Director of Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC)
- Created a holistic environment for care; rehabilitation team
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Understood the role of education in ensuring quality of care
- Strong supporter of independent living movement
- Instrumental in passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
- Dr. Betts did all of this as a physician, educator, leader, and caring citizen