Venue and Travel 2017
The Hilton Atlanta is located on Courtland Street NE and within walking distance to:
- Centennial Olympic Park 208 Marietta St. NW // 0.9 mi // +1.404. 223.4412
Not only does the Centennial Olympic Park serves as a legacy of the 1996 Olympics, it is also the center of a thriving tourist district. There is no shortage of things to do and see in this downtown park.
- SkyView Atlanta 168 Luckie St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.678. 949.9023
SkyView Atlanta gives you a one-of-a-kind look at the city from a 200-foot-tall Ferris wheel. They offer night-time light shows and an excellent location in downtown Atlanta.
- Georgia Aquarium 225 Baker St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 581.4000
The Georgia Aquarium is home to 500 species from around the world in more than 60 habitats. With its numerous exhibits and shows, you're sure to discover something new at the Georgia Aquarium.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site 450 Auburn Ave. NE // 1.1 mi // +1.404. 331.5190
Tour Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birth Home and historic Ebenezer Church. View films and exhibits, and reflect at King's gravesite.
- Center for Civil and Human Rights 100 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.678. 999.8990
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is an engaging cultural attraction that connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s global human rights movements. Ranked as one of TripAdvisor's "Top 10 Atlanta Attractions," the Human Rights gallery aims to help visitors achieve a deeper understanding of human rights issues and how they affect the lives of every person.
- Peachtree Center Mall 225 Peachtree St. NE // 0.3 mi // +1.404. 654.1296
The Peachtree Center Mall features many shops and restaurants, connected by skywalks. Over the summer, the Peachtree Center will be undergoing improvements and renovations, so expect it to be even better than before!
- MARTA 216 Peachtree St. NE // 0.5 mi
Both the Red and Gold Train Lines go through the nearby Peachtree Center. From here, you can catch a train to multiple attractions throughout Atlanta.
- and plentiful public transportation!
EXTEND YOUR STAY IN ATLANTA
Treat yourself to a few extra days to explore this fabulous city! Attendees may extend their stay at the headquarters hotel up to three days prior to the conference and three days post-conference, i.e., 20 OCT – 31 OCT.
ATLANTA IN OCTOBER
Atlanta is beautiful in the fall with the changing color of the leaves and cooling temperatures. October is typically the driest month, with an average high temperature of 73°F (23°C) and an average low of 54°F (12°C).
Inside the Hilton:
- Southern Elements
Offers traditional Southern Cuisine with a contemporary twist for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Nikolai's Roof
AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of fine dining.
A 24-hour café offering artesian sandwiches and salads, meals-to-go, and more.
- Nikolai's Roof Lounge
Adjacent to Nikolai's Roof and offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu.
- Mai Tai Bar at Trader Vic's
Features an extensive list of refreshing, island-inspired cocktails.
Outside the Hilton:
- Big Kahuna 303 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.4 mi // +1.404. 343.040
Big Kahuna combines the California surf culture with the hospitality of the south by offering a creative menu featuring fresh ingredients and eclectic flavors.
- Gibney's Pub 231 Peachtree Center Ave. NE // 0.6 mi // +1.404. 688.0928
Connected to the Hilton hotel by the skywalk, Gibney's Pub is part of the Peachtree Center Mall. It features pub food and a great neighborhood ambiance.
- Haveli Indian Cuisine 225 Spring St. NW // 0.8 mi // +1.404. 522.4545
Haveli Indian Cuisine offers both dine-in and takeout options and has been Atlanta's favorite Indian restaurant since 1985.
- Metro Café Diner 229 Peachtree St. // 0.3 mi // +1.404. 577.1420
The Metro Café Diner serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is open 24/7. After 8 PM, it also features an Open Karaoke Night every night with a live DJ.
- Peachtree Center Food Court 192 Peachtree Center Ave. NE // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 524.3787
The food court of the Peachtree Center features a number of casual eateries as well as six full-scale restaurants. The Center is located in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Hsu's Gourmet Chinese Restaurant 192 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.8 mi // +1.404. 659.2788
In the heart of downtown Atlanta, Hsu's Gourmet Chinese Restaurant serves the best Szechuan and Cantonese style cuisine the city has to offer.
- JP Atlanta 230 Peachtree St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 523.4004
JP Atlanta reimagines classic dishes from mid-century Atlanta using fresh, local ingredients and innovative presentation designed to wow diners. It offers a modern, global interpretation of fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Pacific Rim Bistro 303 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.5 mi // +1.404. 893.0018
Pacific Rim Bistro specializes in Pan-Asian cuisine, featuring a variety of different menus ranging from the frozen tundra of Mongolia to the tropics of Thailand. It is also the best place downtown to find the freshest sushi and sashimi. Pacific Rim Bistro also has full bar service and extensive wine list.
- Ray's In the City 240 Peachtree St. // 0.6 mi // +1.404. 524.9224
Ray's in the City offers hand-cut steaks, made-to-order sushi, and fresh seafood flown in daily. It also offers live music from Tuesday to Thursday from 6 to 10 PM.
- Truva 60 Andrew Young International Blvd. // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 577.8788
Truva offers a continental Mediterranean menu, including seafood, steak, and a mezza buffet. It serves lunch starting at 11:00 AM and dinner starting at 5:00 PM.
- White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails 270 Peachtree St. // 0.5 mi // +1.404. 524.7200
White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails features contemporary Southern cuisine from inland areas. They offer complimentary valet services and a variety of seasonal menus and cocktails.
EXPLORE ATLANTA ATTRACTIONS
Some of the city's most popular tourist attractions are located in Downtown Atlanta's walkable attractions loop, including World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Center for Civil and Human Rights, Inside CNN Studio Tour, and SkyView Atlanta. Or get back to nature at other top Atlanta attractions beyond downtown such as Zoo Atlanta and Stone Mountain Park. For more exciting opportunities, visit Things to Do in Atlanta or Things to Do in Downtown Atlanta.
You can also get a city pass for the attractions here.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the hub for Delta Airlines and focus city for Frontier Airlines and Southwest Airlines. It is located 1.8 miles from the Hilton Atlanta and is one of the busiest airports in the world.
Visit the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) website for maps and schedules of the local bus and train service. Self-parking at the Hilton Atlanta is $28 (garage); $36 valet.
TO /FROM AIRPORTS
- From ATL to Hilton Atlanta: Take either the Red Line or the Gold Line to the Peachtree Center – Short cab ride to the hotel from station.
- ATL Airport Shuttle provides shared ride services to all downtown/suburban hotels and many businesses.
- By Cab: Expect fares from $30 - $50 one-way depending on traffic.
- By Shuttle: Hilton Atlanta offers courtesy shuttle services from the Atlanta Airport, outside of the Domestic Terminal.
- Uber: About $25 for single riders to the Hilton Atlanta.
DRIVING TO THE CONFERENCE?
We recommend reserving parking in advance with SpotHero.
SpotHero is a parking reservation service that connects drivers to discounted, convenient parking. Download the SpotHero iPhone | Android app or click the SpotHero button below to find and reserve your parking spot near the Hilton Chicago at a great price!