A Letter From the Chair
I am honored to serve as your Chairperson for the ACRM Stroke Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (ISIG). Looking forward to 2019, I will strive to support our collaborative efforts to improve the lives of stroke survivors worldwide. Our endeavors support the Stroke ISIG mission, which is “to be a leader in interdisciplinary stroke rehabilitation, both in clinical practice and research by promoting high standards of rehabilitation practice, education and research among professionals with common interests in stroke.”
Each and every member is important to fulfill this mission. Your input and participation are vital to our success! We invite you to contribute as you are able, whether it be to submit a presentation for the annual conference, join one or more of the task forces, collaborate with our many members and utilize our various resources, or to disseminate our products to your places of employment and beyond.
The NEW ACRM Training Institute is coming to the ACRM Spring Meeting in Chicago with outstanding programming for stroke rehabilitation at an extraordinarily low price. Please help us get the word out to the physicians, clinicians, researchers and administrators in your institution who would benefit from quality, evidence-based educational activities for stroke rehabilitation. Here’s just a sample of what’s ahead:
- IC 4: Integrating Outcome Measurement into Clinical Practice
- IC 11: Enhancing Stroke Survivors’ Care Transitions and Outcomes
- IC 12: Interdisciplinary Perspectives to Functional Measurement and Assessment of the Stroke Survivor
- IC 15: An Introduction to Longitudinal Data Analysis (Part 1)
- IC 19: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Post-Acute Care
- IC 25: Restoring Voluntary Grasping Function After Stroke or Spinal Cord Injury Using Functional Electrical Stimulation
- IC 27: A Clinician’s Guide to Finding and Interpreting Data to Support Your Evidence-Based Practice
- IC 3: Rhythm and the Motor System: New Opportunities for Gait Training
Reach out to any of us at any time with your ideas and curiosity! With your involvement, we will accomplish our goals!
Mark Kovic, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Chair, ACRM Stroke ISIG