Interdisciplinary Perspectives to Functional Measurement and Assessment of the Stroke Survivor IC12
DAY Saturday 13 April 2019
TIME 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Lunchbreak 1:00 PM – 2:00PM)
FORMAT 8-hours Instructional course, Hands-on Workshop
ROOM LOCATION to be determined
TOPIC AREAS Stroke, Clinical Practice
CAREER LEVEL Intermediate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Psychologists, Physicians, Administrators looking for more information on outcome measures for their facilities
Stroke remains a leading cause of disability worldwide. Accurate measurement of stroke survivors’ deficits is fundamental to cost effective, appropriate care. Consequently, clinicians deploy a number of measures at various stages of the care continuum to ascertain progress, set goals, communicate with other team members about client status, and to communicate clients’ progress to payers. Moreover, given stroke can affect all aspects of bodily function and abilities, multiple measurements and assessments are administered across disciplines. While abundant stroke-specific resources are available to assist in making these decisions, many clinicians are unaware of them, and uncertain of the most preferable measures to use in various clinical situations. In a comprehensive and interdisciplinary manner, this all-day seminar is designed to discuss the rationale, resources available, and most robust measures for outcome measurement in the areas of occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech-language pathology, and neuropsychology, with a focus on stroke. As a result of attending this interdisciplinary forum, we expect that clinicians will be capable of identifying and integrating the best measures into their clinical environments.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Upon completion, participants will be able to describe rationale and importance for accurate measurements and assessments of the stroke patient
- Upon completion, participants will be able to perform at least one assessment utilized in stroke recovery for cognition, speech/language, vision, motor of the upper extremities, motor of the lower extremities
- Upon completion, participants will be able to provide two examples of outcome measures related to community participation
- Upon completion, participants will be able to describe a plan for integrating the use of outcomes within their specific practice
CME/CEUS 8 Hours
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
8 hours of live instruction, continuing education credit processing, access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters), NON-ACRM members receive introductory 6- month membership.
Early Bird rate $99 for members and $149 for non-members
We encourage you to register early
Limited space available
The secret sauce for your career
Discounted for ACRM members, the ACRM Spring Meeting offers instructional courses with continuing education credits in your choice of up to 11 disciplines.
Jump in, get involved, meet and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual setting. This event is all about getting research into practice in a supercharged atmosphere and a friendly, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is a venue for face-to-face collaborating of many interdisciplinary ACRM community groups and committees — the heart of ACRM. Come find your tribe and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community.
Ridiculously inexpensive? Yep. That’s because we believe in getting the research to practice ASAP. And we think that having a low-cost to attend is a good way to do that.
Early Bird rates are as low as $49 for members and $99 for non-members — and that includes CME / CEU processing. Are you kidding me?!? Nope. See the rate tables here.
We encourage you to register early — before tickets are gone. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
You’re our people
ACRM attendees are all kinds of rehabilitation professionals — from researchers to clinicians (including
doctors, nurses, PT assistants, hospital administrators to name just a few) to consumers, family, caregivers, and
more. Everyone is invited and warmly welcomed at ACRM.
They span a wide spectrum of experience from students to well-seasoned pros and hail from the largest
rehabilitation institutions and universities to one-person solopreneurs.
Attendees at previous ACRM events include designers, art directors, and production staff from hundreds of
institutions, companies, and universities from all around the world, including:
VENUE HILTON CHICAGO
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
This place is beautiful. The Hilton Chicago is the optimum headquarters with superb onsite amenities + easy access to the best of Chicago.
- SAVE TIME — staying right in the ACTION the ultimate venue for efficient collaboration
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM and SAVE
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from courses and meeting and located right on the famed Michigan avenue — smack in the middle of city hotspots — Grant Park, museums, Navy Pier, and more
- HEALTH CLUB — on the 8th floor, it’s the largest hotel gym in Chicago with indoor pool and hot tub an indoor running track, strength training and cardio equipment, Synergy 360, and sundeck with views of the Chicago skyline.
- HHONORS Club — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and all the cool member benefits including digital check-in.
- Get the HHONORS APP — TIP: It’s really VERY handy
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.877.865.5320
with Booking Code: ACR to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ACT for Government booking)
Space is limited. So lock in your seat and REGISTER TODAY >>