Telehealth Task Force
The mission of the TNG Telehealth Task Force is to promote telehealth as a sustainable choice of delivery service for health care professionals through research and evidence based best practice guidelines. We plan to accomplish this by engaging, collaborating, and promoting education, research, practice, and networking in telehealth across inter-disciplinary group of rehabilitation professionals, comprising academicians, clinicians, researchers, rehabilitation and consumer technology industry members, and end-users.
JOIN THE TASK FORCE
The Telehealth Task Force is looking for members to join us in our efforts to reach our strategic goals throughout the year. If you wish to participate in our task force, please contact Kristen Weidner.
Thursday, 16 DEC // 11:00 – 12:00 PM ET
Join the Telehealth Task Force for their monthly meeting:
THIRD Thursday of every month // 11:00 AM ET
Tammy Richmond, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA
Task Force Contact for: Telehealth Policy & Practice Inquiries
Sutanuka Bhattacharjya, PhD, MS, OTR/L
Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy
Georgia State University
Task Force Contact for: Telehealth Educational Inquiries
Kristen Weidner, MS, CCC-SLP
PhD Student, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
College of Health Sciences, University of Kentucky
Task Force Contact for: Task Force Membership Inquiries
- Champion ACRM Telehealth’s Value Proposition: advocate for research and education in telehealth best practice standards to become the leading voice of information about telehealth emerging models of care delivery, transformative healthcare delivery models, and healthcare outcomes (Webportal page: expert support, educational sources, etc)
- Mobilize ACRM’s Resources to Effective Transformation: promote value and advance telehealth innovation through guided member engagement with the promotion of quality standards that reassure telehealth’s key end users, including providers, payers and patients. (Resources: Official Best Practice Standards, etc)
- Empower Innovation and Change: create strong industry awareness among all membership and outside stakeholders and promote ACRM membership and member retention rates through educational and informational outreach strategies
- Evolved from Pandemic Task Force into Telehealth Task Force
- Telehealth Task Force established and co-chairs appointed in April 2021
- Developed mission and goals
RESOURCE DATABASE FOR TELEHEALTH
This database was compiled by the Technology Networking Group Telehealth Task Force to engage and educate professionals, medical professionals, and consumers about telehealth. Topics cover general information, policy and professional issues, best practices, and more.
TECH TALK WEBINAR SERIES
Interested in joining us to hear from experts from the field? The ACRM Technology Networking Group hosts a Tech Talk. Please check the lineup frequently, as we are constantly adding new content.
Webinars are live and may have a limited number of participant spots available, so plan to log in a few minutes in advance. People participating in the live webinars will have the opportunity to ask the speaker questions, using the chat feature of the webinar platform. Recorded webinars will be posted for later viewing.