Annual Conference Programming for Neurodegenerative Diseases
In addition to the many cross-cutting symposia, featured plenaries, and lectures relevant to multiple diagnostic and practice areas, the ACRM 91st Annual Conference will offer a full track of NONSTOP educational content specifically related to neurodegenerative diseases.
Instructional Courses for Neurodegenerative Disease
Core Conference Symposia for Neurodegenerative Disease
Neurodegenerative Disease Networking Group Luncheon with Speaker
ACRM Communities Meetings
ACRM 91st Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research
7 — 11 October 2014
InterContinental, Toronto Centre and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Toronto, ON, Canada
IN-DEPTH INSTRUCTIONAL COURSES
Instructional courses are half-day sessions held pre- and post-conference for an additional fee. The more you attend, the more you save! Choose between 23 courses and dig deep into special interest areas. Pile on the CME/CEU credits in your choice of 11 disciplines.
Perfect also for busy, local professionals who don’t have time to attend the full conference and patients and caregivers who need to know about the latest research impacting rehabilitation practice. A pre-conference instructional course is offered for neurodegenerative diseases:
- IC#23 An Overview of Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis (#2106)
See course descriptions for all 23 instructional courses
CORE CONFERENCE SYMPOSIA
THURSDAY // 9 OCTOBER
- An Interdisciplinary Update on Exercise in Multiple Sclerosis: State of the Art and Practical Applications (#1182)
- Falls in Individuals With Multiple Sclerosis: Predictors, Consequences and Prevention (#1093)
- Cognitive and Brain Control of Mobility in Normal and Pathological Aging (#1186)
FRIDAY // 10 OCTOBER
- Pediatric MS: Outcomes and Interventions (#1222)
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis: Cognitive, Fine Motor and Educational Impact (#1221)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Recovery and Decline (#1269)
SATURDAY // 11 OCTOBER
- Cognitive-Motor Interference in Persons With Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis (#1183)
- What Did We Learn From the Longitudinal Studies on Aging and Cognitive Function? (#1297)
See descriptions of all educational symposia
Neurodegenerative Diseases Luncheon with Speaker
THURSDAY // 12:30 PM — 2:00 PM
Guest speaker, John DeLuca, PhD will present Cognitive Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis: A Behavioral and Neuroimaging Analysis. This luncheon program is hosted by the ACRM Neurodegenerative Diseases Networking Group. Read More >>>
ACRM Communities Meetings
ACRM supports 13 interdisciplinary communities of rehabilitation professionals focused on a specific diagnostic or practice area. These groups are the lifeblood of ACRM and provide opportunities for collaboration, publishing, networking, and more.
Many of these groups will meet during the annual conference and welcome new members. Attendees are encouraged to review the schedule of these meetings and plan to attend the ones most relevant to you.
See All ACRM Community Group Meetings
Get Involved: ACRM Neurodegenerative Diseases Networking Group (NDNG)
SAVE THE DATE
*ACRM Membership Meeting
FRIDAY // 10 OCTOBER, 5:45 PM – 6:30 PM
New to ACRM? The annual Membership Meeting is a great opportunity to learn more about the important work of ACRM, meet the leadership, and discover ways your participation can make an impact. All attendees are encouraged to attend.