Nominations open in January for ACRM Awards and are due 31 March. Please visit the ACRM website to review the requirements for each award and consider nominating deserving colleagues. Nominations from the membership are welcome for the following awards.
- Distinguished Member Award
- Mitchell Rosenthal Mid-Career Award
- *Deborah L. Wilkerson Early Career Award, Supported by CARF International
- Edward Lowman Award
For Early Career Members
Self-nominations are welcome
This award is given in memory of Deborah L. Wilkerson, former ACRM president and fellow. Deborah was devoted to improving the quality of rehabilitation and independent living services. She demonstrated commitment to person-centered services and served as a powerful advocate for individuals with disabilities. Read more >>
Early career members of the ACRM Brain Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (BI-ISIG) are invited to apply for a travel scholarship – valued at $400, to attend the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hilton Atlanta.
The Executive Committee of the BI-ISIG is committed to supporting early career involvement in the BI-ISIG and its task forces. There are seven (7) productive BI-ISIG task forces from which to choose. Attending the Mid-Year Meeting and getting involved in task force work is a great way to get started. Don’t miss this opportunity to network and collaborate with experienced brain injury professionals and advance your career!
FOUR (4) SCHOLARSHIPS will be awarded to support travel to the ACRM Mid-Year meeting in Atlanta.
Nominations are due 3 February 2017
Complete an Online Nomination Form Here >>
All nominees are required to:
- Be an active BI-ISIG member who is within five (5) years of completion of training (terminal degree OR postdoctoral fellowship, if applicable)
- Be an active member or plan to become an active member of one of the 7 BI-ISIG Task Forces
- Obtain endorsement from their BI-ISIG Task Force chair
- Attend the BI-ISIG business meeting at the Mid-Year Meeting
Previous BI-ISIG travel award recipients remain eligible to apply, if they meet scholarship requirements. However, preference will be given to new applicants when a nominee has received two consecutive BI-ISIG MYM Travel Scholarships.