BI-ISIG Early Career Scholarship to the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting
Early career members of the ACRM Brain Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (BI-ISIG) are invited to apply for a travel scholarship to attend the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, 28 – 29 April.
The Executive Committee of the BI-ISIG is committed to supporting early career involvement in the BI-ISIG and Task Forces. There are seven (7) productive BI-ISIG task forces from which to choose. Attending the Mid-Year Meeting and getting involved in task force work is a great way to get started. Don’t miss this opportunity to network, collaborate with experienced brain injury professionals, and advance your career!
FOUR (4) SCHOLARSHIPS– valued at $400 each will be awarded to support travel to the ACRM Mid-Year meeting in Atlanta! All nominees are required to:
- Be active BI-ISIG members who are within five (5) years of completion of training (terminal degree OR postdoctoral fellowship, if applicable)
- Be active members or plan to become active members of one of the 7 BI-ISIG task forces
- Obtain endorsement from their BI-ISIG task force chair
- Attend the BI-ISIG business meeting at the Mid-Year Meeting.
Each BI-ISIG Early Career Mid-Year Meeting Travel Scholarship recipient will receive a cash award of $400 to cover travel expenses to attend the Mid-Year Meeting. Self-nominations are welcomed.
All nominees must have their nominations endorsed by the BI-ISIG Task Force chair(s). Scholarship recipients are required to attend the BI-ISIG business meeting at the Mid-Year Meeting.
Previous BI-ISIG travel award recipients remain eligible to apply, if they meet scholarship requirements. However, preference will be given to new applicants when a nominee has received two consecutive BI-ISIG MYM Travel Scholarships.
Nominations Due 3 February
HOW TO SELF-NOMINATE & OBTAIN ENDORSEMENT FROM TASK FORCE CHAIR
Early career members of the BI-ISIG who wish to take a more active role in task force activities and attend the 2017 Mid-Year Meeting in Atlanta are encouraged to self-nominate for the BI-ISIG travel scholarship.
- If you are already actively participating in a BI-ISIG task force, please contact your task force chair and request an email endorsing your scholarship nomination. Endorsement should include a brief statement of how the nominee has been involved with the task force.
- If you have been thinking about joining a BI-ISIG task force and becoming actively involved, please contact the chair of the task force you wish to join and request an email endorsing your scholarship nomination AND confirming your new membership. Endorsement should include a brief statement of how the nominee will be involved with the task force.
- Forward your task force chair endorsement or membership confirmation email to Monique Pappadis and let her know you wish to self-nominate for the travel scholarship to attend the Mid-Year Meeting.
- Complete and submit the nomination form below. If you need assistance with the nomination process, please contact Terri Compos, +1.703.435.5335.