STROKE ISIG Virtual Happy Hour
It’s fun, it’s informative — Join us!
Virtual Happy Hours are webinars featuring expert speakers in all areas of stroke rehabilitation. This is an opportunity to learn from and interact with the best in our field!
UPCOMING VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR
17 JUN // 5:00 – 6:00 PM ET
Creating a Telehealth Program in Metropolitan and Rural Environments while Responding to a Pandemic: The Lessons Learned
With guest speakers Brian Hull, PT, DPT, MBA and Bryan Kolberg, PsyD, ABPP
- Addressing the Needs of Individuals with Stroke during the Transition from Hospital to Home through Problem-Solving Training
With guest speaker, Candice L. Osborne, PhD, MPH, OTR
Dr. Osborne will discuss the needs of patients with stroke, the supports currently available, and introduce participants to Problem-Solving Training. She will discuss the evidence supporting the use of Problem-Solving Training and how it can be used clinically, and share the results of a pilot study of early Problem-Solving Training for patients with stroke.
- Disparities in Stroke Outcomes: Looking Upstream and Downstream for Solutions
With guest speaker, Charles Ellis Jr., PhD, CCC-SLP
This webinar will examine the known contributors to disparities in stroke outcomes, including social determinants of health.
- Health Promoting Behaviors that Improve Quality of Life for Individuals Post-Stroke
with Leanna W. Katz, MS, OTD, OTR/L
This webinar discusses the social, emotional, and physical components impacting health outcomes and quality of life and how to apply a strengths-based approach to support health-promoting behaviors post-stroke.
- Language Intervention in Multilingual Speakers with Aphasia
with Mira Goral, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Just the Way You Are: Intimacy & Sex After Stroke
with Alexandra L. Terrill, PhD and Paige Salinas, LCSW, CBIS
Presenters discuss issues pertinent to intimacy and sexuality after a stroke with a focus on strategies for addressing these concerns that are important in the recovery of the stroke survivor.
- A Paradigm Shift: Rehabilitation Robotics, Cognitive Skills Training and Transfer to Function
with Susan Fasoli, ScD OTR/L
- Cannabinoids for Neurologic Conditions
with Natalie Schmitz, MPA, PharmD, PhD
- Optimizing Intensity in Aphasia Rehabilitation
with Swathi Kiran, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Addressing Return to Work after Stroke: The Practice Patterns of Occupational Therapy Practitioners and Implications for Inter-disciplinary Practice
with Shannon L. Scott, OTD, OTR/L
- Practical Treatment Approaches for Double Vision in Acquired Brain Injury: Emphasis on Cranial
with Amy Berryman, OTR, MSHSA