Biometrics & Biomarkers Task Force
This task force will study linkages of traditional rehabilitation tests and measures with metric technologies and molecular measures to collectively enhance the characterization of individuals as well as tracking of outcomes after injury or illness-related disablement. Leveraging of biologic and electronic measurement has the potential to increase understanding of injury/illness impact and recovery.
This task force wants to grow its membership and generate systematic reviews as well as provide symposia and primers on how to initiate biometrics and biomarkers measurement teams in a range of settings and studies. Contact the chair to learn about opportunities to participate.
Thank you for being a part of the Measurement ISIG-Biomarker & Biometrics Task Force! We love that the ACRM attracts the most passionate interdisciplinary mix of rehabilitation pros from around the world. What an honor to collaborate with such driven individuals. We hope to meet with you at our upcoming networking group meeting to discuss current projects and opportunities for contribution and collaboration.
ACRM Measurement ISIG-Biomarker & Biometrics Task Force Meeting
Join us this month to discuss the 2023 ACRM Annual Conference, Task Force updates, and new projects. We welcome your participation.
Save the date! Third Monday of Each Month
DATE: Third Monday of Each Month
TIME: 1:00 PM Eastern
Meeting ID: 935 2958 9003
We hope to see you there!
Janet P. Niemeier, PhD, LP, ABPP (RP)
Associate Professor & Director of Research
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Spain Rehabilitation Center, School of Medicine
University of Alabama, Birmingham
- IEPs for biomarkers
- Manuscript preparation
- Conference Symposium
2021 – 2022 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Completed Covidence review on Multimodal biomarkers
2020 – 2021 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- ACRM 2021 Symposium: Blitz Education: Merging Traditional Rehabilitation Measures with Quantitative Biomarkers for Greater Precision and Discovery
- Scoping review ongoing
- Initiated discussions with Rehabilitation Measures Database Task Force for addition of biomarkers and biometrics to instrument reviews
2021 – 2022 PLANS & PROJECTS
- Complete scoping review: Dr. Cynthia Li now leading with Patricia Heyn, Jan Niemeier
- Continue work on addition of biomarkers and biometrics to Rehab Measures Database instrument reviews
- Submit abstract for ACRM 2022 Symposium
- Recruit new members