Applied Cognition & TBI Task Force
Participants identified measurement of applied cognition in rehabilitation settings as a high priority. They noted that it is challenging to select instruments that are feasible for use in clinical settings that are also reliable, valid, and impose a low patient burden. The group discussed how one would select measures of applied cognition for various patient populations. To learn more and get involved, please contact Co-chair, Sonya Kim.
JOIN THE TASK FORCE
M-ISIG Applied Cognition & TBI Task Force Meeting
Date: Tuesday, 17 May
Time: 4:00 PM ET
Sonya Kim, PhD, CRC, BCB
Research Scientist and Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology & Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
New York University School of Medicine
Marianne Mortera, PhD, OTR/L
Visiting Assistant Professor
New York University
Department of Occupational Therapy
- Patricia Heyn, PhD, FGSA, FACRM
2020 – 2021 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Pharmacological interventions for reducing intracranial pressure after traumatic brain injury: An overview of systematic reviews with randomized controlled trials.
- Data extraction and analyses/syntheses completed
- Publication: Kim et al. (2019). Overview of pharmacological interventions after traumatic brain injuries: impact on selected outcomes. Brain Injury, 33 (4), 442-455. Epub 2019 Jan 29.
2021 – 2022 PLANS & PROJECTS
- Pharmacological interventions for reducing intracranial pressure after traumatic brain injury: An overview of systematic reviews with randomized controlled trials. Manuscript is currently in progress for submission to a peer reviewed journal.
- Examination of the study quality of systematic reviews with only RCTs of pharmacological interventions in TBI, through the use of the AMSTAR 2 rating scale.
- ACRM Conference symposium or poster presentation