TUE 7 JUL // 1:00 – 2:00 PM ET
Caring for the Future: Building Partnerships Between Home Health Workers and Rehabilitation Professionals in the Age of COVID-19
With Guest Speaker: Robert Espinoza, MPA, Vice President of Policy, PHI
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the key facts on demographics, job characteristics, and job projections among direct care workers.
- Discuss the most pressing challenges facing direct care workers.
- Name 3-5 ways that COVID-19 has affected the direct care workforce and their employers.
- Explain at least three ways to improve direct care job quality as rehabilitation professionals (researchers, clinicians, patients, and their caregivers).
- List at least three public policy and industry change ideas for strengthening the direct care workforce.
ABOUT ROBERT ESPINOZA
Robert Espinoza is a nationally recognized expert in aging, caregiving, and long-term care workforce issues. He is the Vice President of Policy at PHI, where he directs a national policy advocacy and research program on the direct care workforce. In 2015, he was appointed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to its Advisory Panel on Outreach and Education, as well as by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine to its Forum on Aging, Disability, and Independence. He serves on the board of directors for the American Society on Aging and the National Academy of Social Insurance.