Cognitive Rehabilitation Training
Never before have brain injury research outcomes been so accessible for use in everyday clinical practice.
Based on the ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Manual: Translating Evidence-Based Recommendations into Practice, this introductory training teaches evidence-based interventions for impairments of:
- Executive functions
- Hemispatial neglect
- Social communication
The two-day workshop, led by authors of the Manual, provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation strategies from leading researchers and clinicians in the field.
27 – 28 FEB 2016
Bryan Medical Center / 2300 South 16th St
Need assistance? Call +1.703.574.5845
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language professionals
- RN/Rehab Nurses
- Disability management specialists
- Caregivers of individuals with brain injury
- ALL rehabilitation professionals who need to know the latest evidence-based interventions for cognitive impairment
“I feel like this training gives me a game plan and a
strategy to start developing my treatment plans.
I know where to start with each of my patients
and I feel more confident and assured that the
treatment I’m providing is evidence-based.”
— Zachary Bayer, MA, ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Training Attendee
- Two days of live training with authors of the manual
- One printed copy of the ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Manual ($150 Value)
- 12 continuing education hours with CME/CEUs available in your choice of 10 disciplines
- 1 year access to a previously recorded Cognitive Rehabilitation Training ($395 value)
- Non-member registration includes a 6-month introductory ACRM membership, including access to all interdisciplinary special interest groups and networking groups
TRAVEL & TRANSPORTATION
Lincoln Airport (LNK) is a small municipal airport only 7 miles from Bryan Medical Center. It is served by Delta and United Airlines and offers all of the major car rentals and shuttles to downtown hotels.
Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA) is the next closest airport and is served by all major airlines. OMA is 60 miles / 1 hour+ drive from Bryan Medical Center.
Embassy Suites Lincoln
1040 P Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Bryan Health rate is $139/night
Hilton Garden Inn
801 R Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Courtyard Lincoln, Downtown/Haymarket
808 R Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Hyatt Place Downtown
600 West Q Street
Lincoln, NE 68528
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
12 CME/CEU credits are available to the following professionals:
- Speech-Language Professionals (ASHA)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Occupational Therapists (ACCME Nonphysician CME)
- Physical Therapists (ACCME Non-Physician CME Credit)
- Neuropsychologists (APA Div 22)
- Physicians (ACCME)
- RN/Rehab Nurses (ANCC)
- Rehabilitative Counselors (CRCC)
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
STATEMENT OF NEED AND TARGET AUDIENCE
Educational opportunities that promote evidence-based interventions for cognitive rehabilitation are needed by clinicians in order to provide optimum care for individuals with brain injury.
ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Training provides such an opportunity by presenting evidence-based standards and guidelines for clinical practice and translating them into step-by-step procedures for use by clinicians. The interventions described can be readily used by occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, psychologists, and other rehabilitation professionals.
To support the attainment of knowledge, competence, and performance, the learner should be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Use a decision-tree to assist in determining which type of cognitive rehabilitation to implement.
- Describe techniques for improving attention and the steps involved in carrying out treatments.
- Identify the general guidelines for the use of external memory strategies.
- Describe a general algorithm and conceptual framework for structuring interventions for awareness, executive functioning and behavioral / emotional self-regulation.
- Discuss the evidence concerning the effectiveness of cognitive rehabilitation in the selection and implementation of specific, individualized interventions for cognitive disability.
HOW TO RECEIVE CME/CEU CREDIT
After participating in Conference CE activities, attendees will receive an email with instructions for submitting activity evaluation forms and downloading CE certificates online. Certificates will be awarded to those participants who attend the training and complete an online evaluation within 30 days of completing the training.
A General Participation Certificate is also available to all other attendees completing the program evaluation.
As an ACCME accredited provider, it is the policy of the Institute for Medical Studies (IMS) to require faculty participating in this activity to disclose any relationship they may have with the commercial supporters of this activity or with any other commercial organizations. The staff of IMS has no financial interest or other relationships to disclose. *All maximum approved hours are subject to change and will be finalized based on the offerings at the live meeting.
*Although significant changes are not anticipated, all schedules and presenters posted on this website are subject to change.