ACRM MID-YEAR MEETING // 9 – 11 APRIL 2015 // INDIANAPOLIS
SPECIAL THANKS to ACRM Institutional Member, Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana for hosting the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting and to our sponsors, Anthem BlueCross BlueShield and Paradigm Outcomes for their generous support.
ACRM STATEMENT on Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act
On April 9 – 12, 2015, the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) will be holding a meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana. In light of the newly enacted Religious Freedom Restoration Act, ACRM has come together to reaffirm our commitment to reject all forms of discrimination, including against the LGBT community.
As a rehabilitation research organization that serves individuals with disability, another group that experiences discrimination, we find any action that excludes any member of society from participating in the community repulsive. It is unlikely that the ACRM would have chosen to come to Indiana if this legislation had come our attention a year ago.
We strongly encourage Indiana leaders to take immediate action to reverse this harmful legislation, and while in Indianapolis we will be providing options for our attendees to express their viewpoints to the Governor’s office.
Sue Ann Sisto, PT, MA, Ph.D., FACRM
LOCATION: IU Neuroscience Center // 355 W. 16th Street / Indianapolis, IN 46202
HEADQUARTERS HOTEL: JW Marriott, Indianapolis // 10 S. West Street / Indianapolis, IN 46204
See all Mid-Year Meeting Hotels
Attendance is FREE to ACRM members, but REGISTRATION is required.
Check out the Schedule-At-A-Glance to learn which special interest groups, networking groups, and task forces will be gathering in Indianapolis and plan to participate.
Get involved and meet task force members face-to-face in a casual setting at the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting. This small, intimate meeting is where the real work gets done and professional networks and collaborations develop. It’s the perfect time to roll up your sleeves and join in to help advance your priority projects and the mission of ACRM to IMPROVE LIVES.
Enjoy ACRM group rates at your choice of two Marriott hotels in Indianapolis.
JW Marriott, Indianapolis
10 S. West Street / Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Approximately 1.7 miles from the meeting venue.
Self-parking fee $37 per day
For reservations by phone, call +1.866.704.6162 (toll free) or +1.877.303.0104 (local) and be sure to ask for the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting rate.
Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
350 West Maryland Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225, US
Approximately 2 miles from the meeting venue.
For reservations by phone, call +1.877.640.7666 and be sure to ask for the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting rate.
If you need assistance, please contact Lise Puckorius, ACRM Global Events Strategist, +1.312.925.8478.
- ATTIRE: Business casual
- APRIL WEATHER IN INDIANAPOLIS: Average high 63° F; Average low 42° F
- BOOK HOTEL EARLY: Indianapolis is a bustling city. with major sports events scheduled near the time of the Mid-Year Meeting. We strongly encourage you to make your reservations now.
- AIRPORT: Indianapolis Airport (IND)
- NO FRILLS, NO MEALS, NO TRANSPORTATION, NO CE — just good, fun work & real networking: The ACRM Mid-Year Meeting is a small, highly productive meeting where the real work of ACRM happens. Apart from the opportunity to register for Cognitive Rehabilitation Training which precedes the Mid-Year Meeting, there will be no formal educational program, no continuing education activities, no luncheons — just an outstanding opportunity to connect with ISIG and task force members to IMPROVE LIVES.
- BREAKFAST & LUNCH: Several casual restaurants and quick food options are conveniently located in the Neuroscience Center and in the adjoining Methodist Hospital.
- COGNITIVE REHABILITATION TRAINING: Register now at the Early-Bird rate and SAVE up to 45% OFF. Includes 2 days of live training, printed copy of the manual ($150 value), and continuing education credits.
Need a lift from the JW Marriott to the IU Neuroscience Center? Uber estimated fare as low as $4.00; estimated taxi fare is $7.00.
- American Express Taxi
- AAA American Taxi
- Checker Cab
- Yellow Cab, Inc.
Convenient parking is readily available at the IU Neuroscience Center for about $5.00 per day.
8 – 9 April 2015, preceding the Mid-Year Meeting
Hosted by ACRM Institutional Member, Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana
Based on the ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Manual: Translating Evidence-Based Recommendations into Practice, this introductory training teaches evidence-based interventions for impairments of executive functions, memory, attention, hemispatial neglect, and social communication.
The two-day workshop, led by authors of the Manual, provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation strategies from leading researchers and clinicians in the field.