Join ANYTIME from ANYWHERE!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR 2015 SPONSORS:
< Your logo could be here too! Learn how. >
Pick Your Own Starting and Finishing date!
WHAT IS IT?
Individuals committed to walking 1,000 miles in 250 days to raise awareness and funding for the important interdisciplinary work of ACRM. Participants can pick a starting date and a finishing date within a one year period.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
JOIN THE WALK by committing to walk/ swim/ wheel 1,000 miles for 200 days (10,000 steps or 5 miles per day). Join any time!
- Choose from 4 different tiers of moving
- Bronze: 500 miles
- Silver: 750 miles
- Gold: 1000 miles
- Platinum: 1500 miles
- If you choose to support rehabilitation research by fundraising, solicit sponsorship from friends and family. Click the DONATE NOW button to make a donation online. If you need assistance with the online donation system, please contact Sarah Barrah.
- The walk is on the honor system. No reporting required.
- The first 100 participants to sign up, will receive a FREE t-shirt.
- Additional shirts may be purchased for $25 plus shipping.
- There is NO pressure to give or raise funds, but there is a link for those who wish to make a donation.
WHY SUPPORT THE ACRM WALK-A-TON?
- To support the important work of ACRM, the LARGEST interdisciplinary nonprofit association in the world emphasizing research evidence to support and advance rehabilitative care.
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle. Walk, run, jog, cycle, elliptical, swim … simply MOVE!
- To participate in a FUN activity
- To challenge your team, department, or institution to get moving
WHY SUPPORT ACRM?
- Charged by the mission to improve lives through interdisciplinary rehabilitation research, ACRM:
- Develops and promotes best practices and guidelines for evidence-based rehabilitative care
- Promotes high standards in medical research
- Delivers high-caliber training and educational opportunities for rehabilitation professionals
- Advocates for patient access to appropriate rehabilitation services throughout the continuum of care
- Works collaboratively across disciplines, government agencies, and international borders to advance the field of rehabilitation through interdisciplinary research evidence
- By bringing academic and clinical rehabilitation professionals together, ACRM provides an essential platform for knowledge exchange.
- ACRM is home to 14 interdisciplinary communities of researchers and clinicians, and proudly delivers the largest conference in the world for interdisciplinary rehabilitation research emphasizing evidence-based educational content for 6 key diagnoses:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Pain rehabilitation
BECOME A SUPPORTER
- Click on the DONATE NOW button to contribute online in support of the important work of ACRM. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with disabilities through interdisciplinary rehabilitation research.
- To learn about corporate sponsorship opportunities, contact Jenny Richard, +1.703.574.5845.
NEED HELP TO GET MOVING?
Check Out these Free Apps to Track Your Movement
Sometimes motivation is just one cool tool away. With all of the great apps out there to count your miles, record your heart rate, count calories burned, and MORE, it’s easier than ever to become inspired by your own progress. Here are just two examples that may be helpful.
- ARGUS Pedometer, Calorie, Nutrition, Activity Tracker for iOS devices*
- Pacer Pedometer for Android devices*
*ACRM does not approve/endorse/recommend these products. This information is offered only as a helpful tip to be used at your own discretion/risk.
BECOME A SPONSOR
Support the work of ACRM and gain visibility for your brand. Contact Jenny Richard, Director of Member Services and Community Relations to learn how. +1.703.574.5845.
SIGN UP NOW TO PARTICIPATE
Add YOUR name and start MOVING.
Need assistance joining the Walk-A-Thon? Contact Keo Pich