Clinicians & Industry Collaborative Task Force
The Clinicians and Industry Collaborative Task Force aims to provide a space within ACRM for dialogue and collaboration among clinicians, researchers, engineers, product developers and rehabilitation technology companies and other industry partners to advance the field of rehabilitation technology. Through this collaboration we will gather, disseminate and share best practices as they relate to the intersection of the private industry, clinical practice, use of rehabilitation technology, technology development and validation, and regulatory compliance.
Clinical Research Scientist
Chet Bhasin, FACHE, MS, MBA
Rosalie Wang, PhD, OT Reg (Ont)
Assistant Professor, Department of Occupational Science
and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto
Lauren Sheehan, OTD, OTR/L
- Create calendar of regular meetings that blend Task Force business and member highlights/panel discussions
- Advanced Technology Certificate program for clinicians (IISART partnership)
- Support ACRM programming with intention of connecting industry members with ACRM members and persons served (Symposia, Tech Talks, LaunchPad)
- Map 2-year plan to engage membership, create programs to connect industry members with other ACRM members, and identify ways to engage new industry members (rehab tech, consumer tech, etc)
Completed as part of the former Clinical Managers in Rehabilitation Technology and Industry Outreach Task Forces
- Helped create/launch the ACRM Pandemic Webinar Series (25 webinars)
- Helped recruit judges for LaunchPad 2020 and 2021
- Completion of two symposia at 2019 conference
- Growth of Task Force membership by over 200%!!
We have lots of needs (and opportunities) for you to participate in building the organizational scaffolding and impactful outputs of the Clinician and Industry Collaborative. If you wish to contribute to any of the initiatives listed below, or have ideas for new initiatives, please be sure to contact us.
- Certificate program in rehab technology (what are the next steps regarding engaging ACRM leadership?)
- ACRM 2021 Call for Proposals – Scientific paper and poster proposals deadlines ahead
- LaunchPad – Deadline for applications: EXTENDED through 14 March 2021
- Recruitment of participating startup companies and non-profit research labs
- We need the Collaborative’s help in spreading the word to qualifying companies
- Virtual networking opportunities to bring tech companies and general ACRM membership together
- Need to form a work group/committee
- Research and review (white paper?) ways to engage vendors in activities of professional societies in the pandemic era
- Seeking contributors
- Webinars – possibly the recent CMS renewal/update to the Medicare Coverage of Innovative Technologies (MCIT) rules
- Other ideas?