FITNESS AND WELLNESS TASK FORCE
To enhance the health and wellness of people with spinal cord injury through the development and implementation of evidence-based physical fitness and health initiatives created by an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and researchers in the field of spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Clinical Specialist, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Harvard Medical School Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Develop ACRM SCI-ISIG fitness and wellness products based on the most current evidence-based exercise and physical fitness guidelines and recommendations;
- Produce ACRM SCI-ISIG social media, web content, and conference programming on topics related to fitness and wellness in SCI;
- Increase awareness and involvement of exercise science, sports medicine and strength and conditioning disciplines in the ACRM SCI-ISIG by promoting the organization at regional and national conferences and within designated national organizations.
- Archives Supplement - Organizing and publishing a special issue supplement for the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation on the topic of wearable robotic exoskeletons. Submission date: September 2017
- Conference Symposium - Presentation and panel discussion for the ACRM 2018 Annual Conference and development of resources focusing on activity-based programs:
- What role do non-traditional, activity-based programs have in promoting long-term neurological recovery, health, fitness, and wellness?
- How should the clinician advise and guide patients to pursue post-discharge rehabilitation services?