Pain Science Task Force – **** The Pain Science Task Force has completed their goals and is no longer meeting****
Our mission is to support the larger objectives of the ACRM Pain Rehabilitation Networking Group through a focus on collaboration and education related to current concepts on pain science. The task force is an interdisciplinary network aimed at the application of research to a range of biopsychosocial rehabilitation interventions to improve functional outcomes for people with persistent pain as well as applications to prevent and reduce the development of chronic pain across rehabilitation settings.
The group is designed to gather the expertise of occupational therapists, psychologists, physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, and other medical professionals interested in applying the continuously evolving research into the complexity of pain into clinical practice.
To learn more and get involved, contact the task force chairs.
- Present a symposium at the 2019 ACRM Annual Conference focused on the application of current pain science research to interdisciplinary clinical practice. The exact topic will be determined by a collaborative effort by the task force and could focus on aims including:
- provider knowledge related to current pain science
- early client education
- cortical reorganization and interventions targeting neuroplasticity
- how to leverage interventions to facilitate return to a functional lifestyle
- medication/health management