2019 Call for Nominations
The Neuroplasticity Networking Group (NNG) 2019 Call for Nominations is open for three officer positions on the NNG Executive Committee:
- Communications Officer / Secretary
*Note – Chair and Chair-Elect positions will function as Co-Chairs and will share the role equally. Chair and Chair-Elect titles simply designate seniority in the group.
The deadline for nominations is 18 April 2019.
Self-nominations are welcome and encouraged, as are peer nominations of NNG members. Scroll down to review the nominations procedure, eligibility criteria, and the responsibilities of each position. New officers will assume their positions at the ACRM 2019 Annual Conference and serve through the Annual Conference in 2021.
All candidates must be or become an active ACRM member-in-good-standing and a current member of the NNG. Early career professionals are encouraged to apply. All nominations should be sent to Lynne Gauthier, Nominating Committee Chair, and Terri Compos, Community Relations Manager, and include the following:
- The officer position for which the candidate is nominated
- The name of the candidate, with credentials
- Candidate’s title and affiliation
- A 1-2 paragraph statement describing:
- Your qualifications for the position (include both research and service/leadership qualifications)
- New initiatives that you would like to promote within the group and/or new innovations to existing initiatives.
- Candidate’s CV
Additional Qualifications for Chair and Chair-Elect
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EC MEMBERS
- Active ACRM member-in-good-standing and member of NNG
- Knowledgeable about and supportive of the ACRM & NNG mission and objectives
- Ability to accomplish tasks on schedule and to work effectively with other people
- Understand and agree to the necessary commitment of time and community activities
- Ability to engage membership towards NNG growth
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHAIR & CHAIR-ELECT
- Assist in conducting monthly leadership meetings (prepare agendas) and conduct networking group meeting the Annual ACRM Conference
- Plan Networking Group Projects and Initiatives
- Interface with and support the initiatives of task force chairs
- Interface with other Networking Groups and ISIGs to promote shared initiatives
- With input from the Networking Group update, at least yearly, a Vision Cast that includes a vision statement
- Participate in planning ACRM Annual Conference content. This includes soliciting/organizing the luncheon speaker and participation on the program committee
- Attend ACRM Chairs Council meetings
RESPONSIBILITIES OF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER / SECRETARY
- Initiates and facilitates communication and engagement amongst NNG members. This may include social media platforms (e.g., YouTube, Twitter, Facebook).
- Facilitates “match-making” between NNG members related to NNG initiatives (e.g., symposium planning, work products).
- Attends leadership meetings including the Annual Neuroplasticity Networking Group Business Meeting and captures minutes using the ACRM Minute Template.
- Leads a quarterly Communications Task Force meeting with the goal of engaging membership and reports back to the leadership.
- Uploads approved minutes to www.Box.com for NNG