Community Re-Integration Task Force
- Connecting military, veteran and civilian researchers who study community reintegration
- Participation in community life: employment or other productive activity, such as volunteering, work, or school; independent living; and social relationships and activities.
- Members contribute to dissemination products, e.g., ACRM conference symposia, workshops, fact sheets, manuscripts.
- We welcome researchers from academia, private institutions, government (DOD, VA)
- Open-membership task force – We encourage members to invite colleagues’ participation.
Inbal Eshel, MA, CCC-SLP
General Dynamics Health Solutions (GDHS)
Contractor Employee Supporting the Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center Clinical Affairs Division
Rocío S. Norman, PhD, CCC-SLP
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Speech-Language Pathology Program, School of Health Professions
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
GOALS FOR 2019
- Submit two to three symposia to 2019 ACRM conference and four posters ( we had 2 symposia and one poster accepted in 2018)
- Increase collaboration among Members by facilitating partnerships through networking at conferences and during quarterly calls.
- Recruit 10-15 new members using ACRM incentives. Target ECNG.
- Continue to Collaborate Across Communities (Chronic Pain, BI-ISIG)
- Recruit new officers (Secretary, Communications)
- Mentor 1-2 individuals who have never led the development of a product
- Archives Information/Education Page In Press: Treating Military Service Members and Veterans in the Private Sector: Information and Resources for Clinicians
Authors: Alison Cogan, Larry Cervelli, Tina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, Alicia Gill Rossiter
- Archives Supplement: Community Reintegration, Participation, and Employment Issues in Veterans and Service Members With Traumatic Brain Injury
Supplement Editors: Christina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, Gail Powell-Cope
PROJECTS FOR 2019
- Information Education page focusing on the topic of Military Family Issues for Private Sector Clinicians (Cogan, Cervelli, Rosietter)
- Information Education page focusing on the topic Military Culture (Larry Cevelli)
- Information Education page focusing on the topic of Comorbidities and functional outcomes sheet (Powell-Cope, Carlson, Dillahunt)
- Needs Assessment for future products, Veterans Issues, General survey to ACRM community (Dillahunt, Eshel)