Community Re-Integration Task Force
Join us! The MVANG Community Re-Integration Task Force invites your participation at an upcoming meeting. Click the Zoom Meeting button below to join the discussion.
Community Re-Integration Task Force Meeting
Monday, 6 DEC // 12:00 – 1:00 PM ET
- Connecting military, veteran and civilian researchers who study community reintegration
- Participation in community life: employment or other productive activity, such as volunteering, work, or school; independent living; and social relationships and activities.
- Members contribute to dissemination products, e.g., ACRM conference symposia, workshops, fact sheets, manuscripts.
- We welcome researchers from academia, private institutions, government (DOD, VA)
- Open-membership task force – We encourage members to invite colleagues’ participation.
Inbal Eshel, MA, CCC-SLP
Cognosante Contract Employee
Supporting the Defense Health Agency
Rocío S. Norman, PhD, CCC-SLP
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Speech-Language Pathology Program, School of Health Professions
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
Christina (Tina) Dillahunt-Aspillaga, PhD, CRC
Associate Professor, Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program
University of South Florida
- Submit two to three symposia to 2021 ACRM conference and one to two posters
- Enhance collaboration and engagement among members
- Develop sub-groups by interest/identified gaps as possible
- Recruit new members using ACRM incentives
- Collaborate Across Communities (Communications, Chronic Pain, BI-ISIG)
- Recruited Dr. Rocio Norman as co-chair October 2019
- Submitted 8 posters, 2 educational sessions and one symposium to be presented at ACRM 2020 Annual Conference
- Enhanced collaboration and engagement among members with email communication during pandemic
- Archives Information/Education Page In Press: Treating Military Service Members and Veterans in the Private Sector: Information and Resources for Clinicians
Authors: Alison Cogan, Larry Cervelli, Tina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, Alicia Gill Rossiter
- Archives Supplement: Community Reintegration, Participation, and Employment Issues in Veterans and Service Members With Traumatic Brain Injury
Supplement Editors: Christina Dillahunt-Aspillaga, Gail Powell-Cope
Systematic review: Influence of the physical environment on community reintegration for veterans and service members using the ICF as a framework.