About the ECNG
The mission of the Early Career Networking Group (ECNG) is to foster the development and advancement of early career professionals in the field of rehabilitation. We work together to tackle many of the common career development challenges. Our supportive network of peers provides the necessary resources and networking opportunities to promote successful career growth for rehabilitation researchers and clinicians.
One of the most valuable benefits of ACRM membership is the opportunity to participate in the many interdisciplinary special interest groups (ISIG) and networking groups.
Click the JOIN NOW button to learn more or contact Member Services at +1.703.435.5335 for personal assistance.
Contact the Early Career Networking Group Chair, Brooks Wingo, PhD to learn more about this group or to become more specifically involved in a task force.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Now is the perfect time to join this important networking group and help shape its growth. Participate in one of our existing task forces or suggest a new one!
- Early Career Development Course Task Force
- Communications Task Force
- Mentoring Task Force
It is cliché, but true that as an early career professional, you are the future of rehabilitation and ACRM. Getting involved with the ECNG now is a worthwhile investment in that future – whether you are early or late in your career.
The ECNG will help with many challenging aspects of career development, such as:
- Preparing for job interviews, negotiating faculty positions or preparing for promotion and tenure
- Improving your grant writing skills, learning about grant mechanisms for new investigators, and how to get published
- Networking with renowned leaders in the field, or finding collaborative opportunities within a variety of rehabilitation disciplines
- How to become a more active and recognized member within ACRM
- Building strong leadership and team science skills
The ECNG seeks to provide assistance with all of these common career development challenges and help you build a professional network to support your early career exploration and direction. Networking group members will work together to share relevant announcements, resources, professional contacts, mentorship support, and informative discussions.
ECNG Chair: Brooks Wingo
Membership Assistance: MemberServices@ACRM.org or +1.703.435.5335