Transition and Continuity of Care Task Force
Anne Fleischer, PhD, MPH, OT/L, CLT-LANA
Associate Professor in Occupational Therapy
University of Cincinnati
Jan Struhar PT, DPT
Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Oncologic Physical Therapy
Oncology Clinical Educator, Oncology Innovation Center
Shirley Ryan Ability Lab
VISION, MISSION, and GOALS
VISION: To enhance the continuity of care across the cancer rehabilitation continuum.
MISSION: To promote seamless transitions between levels of care along the cancer rehabilitation continuum for those living with and beyond cancer through research, guideline development, and training.
GOALS: To facilitate connecting with peers, researchers and presenters all over the world, face-to-face and virtually, for the purpose of furthering the field of research and education.
We are new!! Objectives for 2022-23
1. Advocate for continuity of care across the cancer rehabilitation continuum within ACRM community and other relevant organizations.
2. Review, synthesize, and disseminate research information related to transitions and continuity of care for those living with and beyond cancer.
3. Create Archives of PM&R Information and Education Pages (IEPS) targeting the cancer continuity of care and discharge handoff process.
4. Develop webinars on the cancer continuity of care and discharge handoff process.
5. Utilize ACRM social media platform to connect with a larger audience.
6. Submit 1 conference proposal for the annual conference, fall 2023.
7. Facilitate communications and networking among taskforce members and other taskforces/ISIGS to identify potential tools to enhance the transition of information between levels of care for those within the cancer rehabilitation continuum.
8. Host an in-person happy hour at the ACRM conference, fall 2022.
Thank you for being a part of the CRNG Transition and Continuity of Care Task Force! We love that the ACRM attracts the most passionate interdisciplinary mix of rehabilitation pros from around the world. What an honor to collaborate with such driven individuals. We hope to meet with you at our upcoming networking group meeting to discuss current projects and opportunities for contribution and collaboration.
ACRM CRNG Transition and Continuity Task Force Meeting
Join us this month to discuss the 2022 ACRM Annual Conference, Task Force vision, and new projects. We welcome your participation.
Save the date! This group meets the fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:30pm-1:30pm (EST)