Mild TBI Task Force
SEEKING FEEDBACK on draft Definition of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
The Mild TBI Task Force of the ACRM Brain Injury Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group (BI-ISIG) published a Definition of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in 1993. Over the last two years, the task force has been preparing an update of this definition.
After Delphi consensus voting and revisions, we are now seeking input on this draft Definition of Mild TBI from organizations and the public through a brief survey.
To participate, please click the “BEGIN SURVEY” button below to review the draft Definition of Mild TBI and submit comments BY 17 JANUARY.
To enhance the quality and uptake of concussion research, and to improve clinical care for concussion.
Noah Silverberg, PhD, RPsych, ABPP
Clinical Associate Professor, University of British Columbia Acquired Brain Injury Program
G.F. Strong Rehab Centre
Vancouver, BC Canada
- Complete Delphi-consensus case definition project and position paper
- Attend symposium for progress report: October 21, 2020 @ 12:45 PM EST
- Publish position paper on the definition of mild TBI
- Launch new projects (e.g., updated definition of mild TBI knowledge translation products)
- Updated definition of Mild TBI project
- Stakeholder organization and public feedback phase
- 3rd round of expert panel voting
- Collaboration with the Scientific Committee of the international Consensus in Sport Group (Amsterdam meeting)
- Collaboration with the Sports Rehabilitation & Athlete Development Task Force on a concussion clinical practices survey
- Silverberg ND, Iaccarino MA, Panenka WJ, et al. Management of concussion and mild traumatic brain injury: A synthesis of practice guidelines. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2020;101(2):382-393.
- Silverberg ND, Iverson GL, Arciniegas D, et al. Expert panel survey to update the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine definition of mild traumatic brain injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Accepted.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Task Force meet-and-greet: Nov 10 at 7:00 am
- Symposium on “Unveiling of the updated ACRM definition of mild TBI”: Nov 10 at 10:45 am
- Email the Task Force chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to join monthly meetings