2018 BOG Election
Call for Nominations
A call for nominations is now open through 16 April to identify qualified candidates to serve on the ACRM Board of Governors. Positions for two (2) Members-at-Large and the Treasurer will open in October 2018. Please take a moment to nominate your most respected colleagues—or even yourself, to help guide the future direction of ACRM.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR BOARD MEMBERS
- Active ACRM member in good standing
- Knowledgeable about and supportive of the ACRM mission and objectives
- Demonstrate a special commitment to ACRM through tenure of membership and participation in the organization
- Ability to accomplish tasks on schedule and to work effectively with others
- Understand and agree to the necessary commitment of time and Board activities
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL BOARD MEMBERS
Board members shall:
- Know the ACRM mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs
- Follow trends in all aspects of rehabilitation
- Be willing to undertake special assignments when asked
- Serve ACRM as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency
- Prepare for and participate in Board meetings, including appropriate organizational activities
- Participate in scheduled Board meetings both in person and via conference call, and notify the President in a timely manner if unable to participate at specific meetings
- Suggest agenda items for Board meetings to ensure that significant policy-related matters are addressed
- Support the majority decision on issues voted upon by the Board
- Maintain close communication with any committee or ISIG of which a liaison assignment has been made. Assure that their concerns and interests are conveyed to the Board and report back to them on relevant Board decisions
- Maintain confidentiality of the Board meeting and conference calls
- Read and understand the organization's financial statements and otherwise help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities
- Counsel the CEO and President as appropriate
- Serve as chair, co-chair, council or task force as appointed by the President
- Annually complete Conflict of Interest Statement, to be submitted to the President
- Review monthly financial statements. Report to the Board any significant deviations from the budget.
- Develop a preliminary budget in cooperation with the CEO, review budget with Executive/Finance Committee, and recommend approval of the budget to the Board of Governors.
- Submit a written report to the Board of Governors at midyear and annual meetings. Respond to questions at Board meetings.
- Present an oral report at the annual meeting’s General Business Session.
- With Executive-Finance Committee, establish guidelines for investments and other financial policies.
- Assure that an annual independent audit or review is conducted.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Please email the names of your candidates and a brief explanation of why you believe they are well-qualified to serve on the ACRM Board of Governors to Doug Katz, Nominating Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 April 2018. Self-nominations are permissible.