The most important benefit of ACRM membership is the opportunity for interdisciplinary exchange with a vibrant community of rehabilitation professionals. ACRM is the only community that gathers like-minded, yet specialized, health care and research colleagues to develop and share knowledge that advances rehabilitation research and evidence-based clinical practice. Together we are better stewards of science and medicine for the greatest good of all.
ACRM is a global leader and as an active participant in this community, you will:
Expand Your Network, Increase Your Knowledge
- Interdisciplinary Special Interest Groups (ISIG) and Networking Groups provide opportunities to connect and collaborate with colleagues to develop and present educational content, practice guidelines, publish your work, and advance the mission of ACRM.
- The ACRM Mid-Year Meeting is a small, intimate meeting open free of charge to members, where special interest groups, networking groups, and committees meet face-to-face to advance their priority projects and the mission of ACRM.
- Early Career Networking Group connects young investigators with seasoned professionals, career opportunities, and expert career development advice.
- Leadership experience. Build your reputation and expertise as a volunteer.
Keep Learning & Stay Ahead
- Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is the most widely distributed and most frequently cited journal in rehabilitation. Membership includes a subscription to both the print and online versions. ($439 value)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America updates you on the latest trends in patient management and provides a sound basis for choosing treatment options. ACRM members receive online access to archived issues.
- Progress in Rehabilitation Research is the ACRM Annual Conference, providing attendees access to the latest rehabilitation research, outstanding educational content, and valuable networking opportunities. Members enjoy a substantial registration discount.
- Rehab Events Calendar keeps you informed of leading education and networking events.
- Rehabilitation Outlook is the semi-annual member newsletter keeping you up to date on association news, educational opportunities, and the work of ACRM interdisciplinary special interest and networking groups.
- ACRM eNews is a weekly enewsletter reporting the latest advances in rehabilitation, research funding opportunities, and member news.
“Although there are many rehabilitation providers in our country we are one of only 2 CARF accredited organisations in Australasia, so we are very excited to be able to network with ACRM members and attendees who value the same commitment to quality as we do.”
—Deborah Andrews, Director and Physiotherapist, Professional and Paediatric Rehabilitation Services Ltd, New Zealand
Accelerate Your Career
- Present Your Research
Gain opportunities to present symposia, instructional courses, and scientific papers and posters to a global audience.
- Be Recognized for Your Contributions to the Field
ACRM honors excellence in rehabilitation by presenting seven prestigious awards annually. Several additional awards are given for outstanding scientific papers presented during the annual conference.
- Distinguish Your Career
The Fellows of ACRM are an elite group of accomplished professionals recognized for their contributions to ACRM and the field of rehabilitation medicine.
- Find Your Happy Place
The online ACRM Rehab Job Board is designed for rehabilitation professionals. Job seekers enjoy free access to listings of job openings exclusively in the field of rehabilitation. ACRM members may post listings at a substantial discount.
- Become a Guest Editor
ACRM members have the opportunity to act as Guest Editor for a Supplement to the Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, the most cited scientific journal in rehabilitation.
Questions? Contact Member Services, +1-703-435-5335.