POPULAR SITES NEARBY
Check out this popular sites just a short walk away from the Hilton Atlanta.
- Centennial Olympic Park 208 Marietta St. NW // 0.9 mi // +1.404. 223.4412
Not only does the Centennial Olympic Park serves as a legacy of the 1996 Olympics, it is also the center of a thriving tourist district. There is no shortage of things to do and see in this downtown park.
- SkyView Atlanta 168 Luckie St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.678. 949.9023
SkyView Atlanta gives you a one-of-a-kind look at the city from a 200-foot-tall Ferris wheel. They offer night-time light shows and an excellent location in downtown Atlanta.
- Georgia Aquarium 225 Baker St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 581.4000
The Georgia Aquarium is home to 500 species from around the world in more than 60 habitats. With its numerous exhibits and shows, you’re sure to discover something new at the Georgia Aquarium.
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site 450 Auburn Ave. NE // 1.1 mi // +1.404. 331.5190
Tour Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birth Home and historic Ebenezer Church. View films and exhibits, and reflect at King’s gravesite.
- Center for Civil and Human Rights 100 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.678. 999.8990
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is an engaging cultural attraction that connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s global human rights movements. Ranked as one of TripAdvisor’s “Top 10 Atlanta Attractions,” the Human Rights gallery aims to help visitors achieve a deeper understanding of human rights issues and how they affect the lives of every person.
- Peachtree Center Mall 225 Peachtree St. NE // 0.3 mi // +1.404. 654.1296
The Peachtree Center Mall features many shops and restaurants, connected by skywalks. Over the summer, the Peachtree Center will be undergoing improvements and renovations, so expect it to be even better than before!
- MARTA 216 Peachtree St. NE // 0.5 mi
Both the Red and Gold Train Lines go through the nearby Peachtree Center. From here, you can catch a train to multiple attractions throughout Atlanta.
- and plentiful public transportation
Inside the Hilton:
- Southern Elements
Offers traditional Southern Cuisine with a contemporary twist for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Nikolai’s Roof
AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of fine dining.
A 24-hour café offering artesian sandwiches and salads, meals-to-go, and more.
- Nikolai’s Roof Lounge
Adjacent to Nikolai’s Roof and offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu.
- Mai Tai Bar at Trader Vic’s
Features an extensive list of refreshing, island-inspired cocktails.
Outside the Hilton:
- Big Kahuna 303 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.4 mi // +1.404. 343.040
Big Kahuna combines the California surf culture with the hospitality of the south by offering a creative menu featuring fresh ingredients and eclectic flavors.
- Gibney’s Pub 231 Peachtree Center Ave. NE // 0.6 mi // +1.404. 688.0928
Connected to the Hilton hotel by the skywalk, Gibney’s Pub is part of the Peachtree Center Mall. It features pub food and a great neighborhood ambiance.
- Haveli Indian Cuisine 225 Spring St. NW // 0.8 mi // +1.404. 522.4545
Haveli Indian Cuisine offers both dine-in and takeout options and has been Atlanta’s favorite Indian restaurant since 1985.
- Metro Café Diner 229 Peachtree St. // 0.3 mi // +1.404. 577.1420
The Metro Café Diner serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is open 24/7. After 8 PM, it also features an Open Karaoke Night every night with a live DJ.
- Peachtree Center Food Court 192 Peachtree Center Ave. NE // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 524.3787
The food court of the Peachtree Center features a number of casual eateries as well as six full-scale restaurants. The Center is located in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Hsu’s Gourmet Chinese Restaurant 192 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.8 mi // +1.404. 659.2788
In the heart of downtown Atlanta, Hsu’s Gourmet Chinese Restaurant serves the best Szechuan and Cantonese style cuisine the city has to offer.
- JP Atlanta 230 Peachtree St. NW // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 523.4004
JP Atlanta reimagines classic dishes from mid-century Atlanta using fresh, local ingredients and innovative presentation designed to wow diners. It offers a modern, global interpretation of fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Pacific Rim Bistro 303 Peachtree Center Ave. // 0.5 mi // +1.404. 893.0018
Pacific Rim Bistro specializes in Pan-Asian cuisine, featuring a variety of different menus ranging from the frozen tundra of Mongolia to the tropics of Thailand. It is also the best place downtown to find the freshest sushi and sashimi. Pacific Rim Bistro also has full bar service and extensive wine list.
- Ray’s In the City 240 Peachtree St. // 0.6 mi // +1.404. 524.9224
Ray’s in the City offers hand-cut steaks, made-to-order sushi, and fresh seafood flown in daily. It also offers live music from Tuesday to Thursday from 6 to 10 PM.
- Truva 60 Andrew Young International Blvd. // 0.7 mi // +1.404. 577.8788
Truva offers a continental Mediterranean menu, including seafood, steak, and a mezza buffet. It serves lunch starting at 11:00 AM and dinner starting at 5:00 PM.
- White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails 270 Peachtree St. // 0.5 mi // +1.404. 524.7200
White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails features contemporary Southern cuisine from inland areas. They offer complimentary valet services and a variety of seasonal menus and cocktails.
- Krog Market 99 Krog St NE // +1.770.434.2400
- Ponce City Market 675 Ponce De Leon Ave // +1.404.900.7900
- Orpheus Brewing 1440 Dutch Valley PL NE // +1.404.347.1777
- Sundial Bar 210 Peachtree St NW // +1.404.659.1400
- Polaris Restaurant 265 Peachtree St NE // +1.404.460.6425
- Fat Matt’s Rib Shack 1911 Piedmont Ave NE // +1.404.607.1622
- Wisteria 471 North Highland Ave NE // +1.404.525.3363
- BeetleCat 299 North Highland Ave NE // +1.678.732.0360
- Ticonderoga Club 99 Krog St NE // +1.404.458.4534
- Staplehouse 541 Edgewood Ave // +1.404.524.5005
- Miller Union 999 Brady Ave NW // +1.678.733.8550
- Tomo 3630 Peachtree Rd NE // +1.404.835.2708
- Atlas 88 West Paces Ferry Rd NW // +1.404.600.6471
- BoccaLupo 753 Edgewood Ave NE // +1.404.577.2332
- Restaurant Eugene 2277 Peachtree Rd RW // +1.404.355.0321
- Aria 490 E Paces Ferry Rd NE // +1.404.233.7673
- The General Muir 1540 Avenue Pl B-230 // +1.678.927.9131
- Bacchanalia 1460 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd NW // +1.404.365.0410
EXPLORE ATLANTA ATTRACTIONS
Some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions are located in Downtown Atlanta’s walkable attractions loop, including World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Center for Civil and Human Rights, Inside CNN Studio Tour, and SkyView Atlanta. Or check out other top Atlanta attractions beyond downtown such as Zoo Atlanta and Stone Mountain Park. For more exciting opportunities, visit Things to Do in Atlanta or Things to Do in Downtown Atlanta.
You can also get a city pass for the attractions here.
SPOTLIGHT ON: GEORGIA AQUARIUM
Opened in 2005, the Georgia Aquarium is a 600,000 square foot facility containing 10 million gallons of fresh and salt water, making it one of the largest aquariums in the world. Its six exhibit galleries are home to hundreds of species, from small-clawed otters to the bignose unicornfish. Get an exclusive look at their galleries and habitats with a Behind the Seas tour, or check out the Tropical Diver and Cold Water Quest Exhibits for animals sure to inspire and delight.
SPOTLIGHT ON: WORLD OF COCA-COLA
From the original World of Coca‑Cola that opened in 1990 to the opening of the current World of Coca-Cola in 2007, this hot spot has welcomed more than 24 million guests across its nearly 30 year history. Visit Taste It!, the place to try 100+ Coca-Cola beverages from around the world, including unique beverages and limited-edition choices. Or check out “10 Artists, 10 Bottles,” a new exhibit that celebrates the local art community’s work in creating unique pieces of art out of four-foot-high sculpted Coke bottles.
SPOTLIGHT ON: CNN STUDIOS
Ever wanted to see behind-the-scenes of CNN? Now you can! CNN Studio Tours has provided exclusive access to the world headquarters of CNN in downtown Atlanta since 1987. Fun and informative tour guides will walk you through the halls of this historic building and share with you everything from the very first broadcast to the now living legacy of CNN. Browse tour options and more details about each here.