Interdisciplinary Perspectives to Functional Measurement & Assessment of the Stroke Survivor TC 5
DAY Saturday 25 April 2020
TIME 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
FORMAT Hands-on Workshop
TOPIC AREAS Stroke, Measurement
CAREER LEVEL Introductory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Neuropsychologists
Stroke is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Given stroke can affect all aspects of bodily function and abilities, multiple measurements and assessments are administered across disciplines. These measurements are critical in evaluating function and providing effective care for the stroke survivor. Clinical knowledge of various standardized assessments is required of all medical professionals to create effective goals for stroke patients to achieve functional outcomes.
REGISTER EARLY for the lowest rates
Early Bird rates are as low as $129/ member and $169/ non-member — including CME/CEUs.
- Describe rationale and importance for accurate measurements and assessments of the stroke patient
- Perform 1-2 assessments utilized in stroke populations for cognition, speech/language, vision, motor for the upper extremities, and motor for the lower extremities
- Provide two examples of outcome measures related to community participation
- Describe a plan for integrating the use of outcomes within their specific practice
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
- 8 hours of live instruction
- Continuing education credit processing
- Access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters)
- NON-members receive introductory 6-month membership
Early Bird rates are as low as $129/member and $169/non-member — including CME/CEUs.
See all registration rates >>
2020 SPRING MEETING
This mid-year event is host to the ACRM Training Institute, providing exciting opportunities for in-depth, evidence-based training for rehabilitation clinicians and researchers seeking CME/CEUs. Choose between half-day, full-day, and 2-day courses and earn a Certificate of Attendance and/or up to 16 hours of Continuing Education credit in your choice of 11 disciplines.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is also a venue for networking and collaborating within ACRM’s interdisciplinary community groups and committees. Come find your tribe, contribute to the field, and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community. These groups are the heart of ACRM working to IMPROVE LIVES through rehabilitation research.
All attendees are invited to participate in ACRM community group meetings free of charge. It’s a great time to introduce yourself and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual, inclusive, and inspiring setting. Meetings are still being scheduled, but you can see the community group meeting agenda here.
ACRM Training Institute provides 2 days of Continuing Education with CME/CEUs
VENUE HILTON ATLANTA
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
The Hilton Atlanta is the optimum headquarters with superb on-site amenities.
- SAVE TIME — stay right in the ACTION to maximize efficiency and networking opportunities
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM for the lowest rates available
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from everything ACRM
- Within an 8-block radius of renowned attractions, restaurants, and venues
- Closest hotel to I-75/85 Connector
- Close proximity to Peachtree Center MARTA via sky-bridge
- HEALTH CLUB — stay fit in the hotel gym, featuring Interactive Precor®, and enjoy the rooftop basketball court, tennis court and running track with city views
- 4 ON-SITE DINING OPTIONS
- Nikolai’s Roof – modern, contemporary dining with panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline
- Southern Elements – traditional southern cuisine with a contemporary twist
- Marketplace – 24-hour quick-serve café
- Trader Vic’s – Atlanta’s only Tiki bar featuring island-style cuisine and a tropical ambiance
- HILTON HONORS CLUB — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and member benefits including digital check-in
- GET THE HILTON HONORS AP >> TIP it’s really handy!
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.800.445.8667 with
Booking Code: ARM to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ARM300 for Government Rate rooms – LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
Attendee Rate: $219 per night
Government Rate: $164 per night
plus tax and hotel fee
Rooms include 1 King-size bed & complimentary wifi
Space is limited. Reserve your seat early and save!
*Although no significant changes are anticipated, all courses and presenters are subject to change.