CANCELED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS >>
We look forward to seeing you at the ACRM Annual Conference:
OCTOBER ATLANTA: REGISTER & SUBMIT: Call for Proposals
Introduction to the Benefits of Virtual Reality for Neurological Rehabilitation
DAY Friday April 24 2020
TIME 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
TOPIC AREAS Technology, Cross Cutting, Neuroplasticity, Arts & Neuroscience, Clinical Practice, Brain Injury
CAREER LEVEL Introductory
THE QUICK “WHY”
Don’t miss this course to learn how you can make physical therapy FUN, engaging and with better outcomes for your patients using VIRTUAL REALITY for neurological rehabilitation.
PRESENTER’S STATEMENT: “I’m excited to be presenting a novel course about virtual reality for rehabilitation at ACRM. You will learn the benefits of virtual reality for patient engagement, motivation and outcomes and learn how to integrate it as part of your therapy plan. This will help you and your team stay current on the cutting edge technology that will be the future of physical therapy. You will become the rock star of virtual reality who knows it all beyond reality.” —Veena Somareddy, B.S, M.a, (Phd)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Clinical Directors, Director of Therapy Services, Physical Therapists, Owners. This course will also appeal to consumers — patients, their families and caregivers, too.
Overview of the advances in virtual reality for healthcare and introduction to use cases and research into the benefits of immersive virtual environments for neurological rehabilitation. Leveraging real time data, programming functional goals and controlling the cognitive load experienced by patients for better outcomes.
- Learn new techniques for physical and cognitive therapy using virtual reality
- Understand assessments and data analytics to asses progress during virtual reality therapy
- Learn how to increase patient engagement and motivation towards therapy using VR environments and functional goals
- Describe the cutting edge VR/AR technology advancements in healthcare
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
- 4 hours of live instruction
- Continuing education credit processing
- Access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters)
- NON-ACRM members receive introductory 6- month membership
The rates for this 4-hour course are as low as $99 for members and $149 for non-members — and that includes CME/CEU processing.
Check here for specials offers for non-members >>>
2020 SPRING MEETING
This mid-year event is host to the ACRM Training Institute, providing exciting opportunities for in-depth, evidence-based training for rehabilitation clinicians and researchers seeking CME/CEUs. Choose between half-day, full-day, and 2-day courses and earn a Certificate of Attendance and/or up to 16 hours of Continuing Education credit in your choice of 11 disciplines.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is also a venue for networking and collaborating within ACRM’s interdisciplinary community groups and committees. Come find your tribe, contribute to the field, and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community. These groups are the heart of ACRM working to IMPROVE LIVES through rehabilitation research.
All attendees are invited to participate in ACRM community group meetings free of charge. It’s a great time to introduce yourself and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual, inclusive, and inspiring setting. Meetings are still being scheduled, but you can see the community group meeting agenda here.
ACRM Training Institute provides 2 days of Continuing Education with CME/CEUs
VENUE HILTON ATLANTA
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
The Hilton Atlanta is the optimum headquarters with superb on-site amenities.
- SAVE TIME — stay right in the ACTION to maximize efficiency and networking opportunities
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM for the lowest rates available
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from everything ACRM
- Within an 8-block radius of renowned attractions, restaurants, and venues
- Closest hotel to I-75/85 Connector
- Close proximity to Peachtree Center MARTA via sky-bridge
- HEALTH CLUB — stay fit in the hotel gym, featuring Interactive Precor®, and enjoy the rooftop basketball court, tennis court and running track with city views
- 4 ON-SITE DINING OPTIONS
- Nikolai’s Roof – modern, contemporary dining with panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline
- Southern Elements – traditional southern cuisine with a contemporary twist
- Marketplace – 24-hour quick-serve café
- Trader Vic’s – Atlanta’s only Tiki bar featuring island-style cuisine and a tropical ambiance
- HILTON HONORS CLUB — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and member benefits including digital check-in
- GET THE HILTON HONORS AP >> TIP it’s really handy!
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.800.445.8667 with
Booking Code: ARM to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ARM300 for Government Rate rooms – LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
Attendee Rate: $219 per night
Government Rate: $164 per night
plus tax and hotel fee
Rooms include 1 King-size bed & complimentary wifi
Space is limited. Reserve your seat early and save!
*Although no significant changes are anticipated, all courses and presenters are subject to change.