Venue & Travel
For 2018, ACRM returns to Dallas and the beautiful Hilton Anatole. The Anatole is itself a museum and the perfect venue for bigger and brighter scientific research and collaboration.
ACRM Conference headquarters: Hilton Anatole: 2201 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, Texas, USA
Spanning 45 lush acres, just north of downtown, Hilton Anatole is a Dallas icon in the vibrant Design District and is equal parts hotel & museum.
The Anatole features four exclusive dining venues, impressive meeting spaces and elegant guest rooms and suites. Indoor and outdoor facilities include V Spa, Verandah Health Club, the new JadeWaters resort pool complex and even a private Sculpture Park.
Booking through ACRM includes in-room internet access, makes it easy to enjoy the convenience of staying at the conference headquarters hotel. This room block will sell out, so reserve your room now. RESERVE YOUR ROOM HERE
Rooms still available. Room choice availability is subject to availability at the time of reservation. Please also check out our overflow hotel and other local hotel options for the best available rate.
“SOME” nights may be sold out of regular/discounted ACRM room rates, but even more beautiful/premium rooms are still available at a Non–ACRM discounted rate. Do not worry, we have negotiated additional hotels to accommodate your stay. Please check below.
Hilton Garden Inn – Dallas Market Center
Doubletree by Hilton – Dallas Market Center
The Hilton Anatole in Dallas is an extraordinary venue & the perfect scene for the collaboration, in-depth learning, and connections made at ACRM Annual Conference.
The space is lovely, showcasing the largest art collection of any American hotel, with works ranging from paintings and sculpture to a piece of the Berlin Wall. There is even an audio-guided 1-mile Art Walk.
Open and inviting, the Anatole is designed for artful collaboration. Lots of public seating for impromptu meetings, two full-service restaurants, two counter-service cafes, a contemporary bar, shopping, spa, outdoor circuit trail, world-class gym, and more—all onsite.
Reasons to stay at the ACRM Headquarters: the Hilton Anatole
- New JadeWaters resort pool complex with a leisure pool, lazy river, luxury cabanas and a splash zone with two 180-foot slides. PLEASE NOTE: Jade Waters was open 2017 from Memorial Day to Labor Day, but they are considering opening Mid Spring Through Early Fall for 2018.
- Home to a valuable fine art collection of more than 1,000 pieces
- V Spa specialty facials, massages and more–book appointment online
- 4 exceptional restaurants in Dallas, including SĒR Steak + Spirits
A space to relax
From stylish guest rooms to elegant suites, choose the space that is right for you at Hilton Anatole. All rooms offer thoughtful amenities including comfortable beds, WiFi, and HDTV. Want an upgraded experience? Select an executive room or suite and benefit from access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary breakfast and refreshments.
A magnificent location
- Minutes from restaurants, museums and art galleries
- Located next to the Dallas Design District (1.1 mi)
- 5 minutes from Uptown and Downtown neighborhoods (2.6 mi)
- 10 minutes from Dallas Love Field (3.9 mi)
- 20 minutes from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (21.4 mi)
- Plug in to AnatoleArt.com on your cellphone or tablet to enjoy a variety of art exploration activities and self-guided tours.
Extend your stay and discover Dallas! Below are just some of the exciting and entertaining attractions this city has to offer.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden // 8525 Garland Rd // 9.8 mi (15.8 km) // +1.214. 515.6615
Located on the shores of White Rock Lake, the Arboretum’s 66 acres include a complete life science laboratory with endless potential for discovery.
- Crow Collection of Asian Art // 2010 Flora St // 3.0 mi (4.8 km) // +1.214. 979.6440
Located in the center of the Dallas Arts District, this museum features permanent and rotating exhibitions of arts from China, Japan, India, and Southeast Asia.
- NorthPark Center // 8687 N Central Expressway // 20.4 mi (32.8 km) // +1.214. 363.7441
NorthPark Center is the ultimate shopping, dining and entertainment experience in the Southwest. It offers the finest collection of more than 235 stores and luxury designer and trendsetting boutiques.
- Dallas Museum of Art // 1717 N Harwood St // 3.1 mi (5 km) // +1.214. 922.1200
Located in the heart of the Dallas Arts District, the museum has a stunning collection with more than 22,000 pieces, spanning the third millennium BC to present day and including art from around the world. It also offers a 3.3-mile (5.3 km) self-guided Art Walk.
- Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza // 411 Elm St // 2.6 mi (4.6 km) // +1.214. 747.6660
The Museum presents the social and political landscape of the early 1960s, chronicles President Kennedy’s assassination and its aftermath, and reflects upon his lasting impact on our country and world.
- House of Blues Dallas // 2200 N Lamar St // 2.2 mi (3.5 km) // +1.214. 978.2583
The House of Blues is where food, music, and art intersect! They offer live music and iconic southern dishes such as New Orleans jambalaya and house-smoked Carolina pulled-pork barbeque amid an eclectic decor of folk art.
- Dallas World Aquarium // 1801 N Griffin St // 2.8 mi (4.5 km) // +1.214. 720.2224
The Dallas World Aquarium features both indoor and outdoor exhibits, ranging from the rainforest exhibit to the Mundo Maya cenote. Check out some of their conservation projects, or take a look at the aquarium portion, which features interesting and exciting marine life like ribbon seadragons, the magnificent foxface, and more!
- Dallas Holocaust Museum // 211 N Record St, Suite 100 // 2.8 mi (4.5 km) // +1.214. 741.7500
Though the museum’s exhibits and programs, visitors learn about the discrimination, deep-rooted hatred, and the attempted annihilation of Jewish people and the systematic persecution of others.
- Wild Bill’s Western Store // 311 N Market St // 2.9 mi (4.6 km) // +1.214. 954.1050
Get in the mood! Visit Wild Bill’s Western Store for boots, hats, clothing, and accessories.
Learn about these attractions and more, including travel tips, sights and entertainment, restaurants, and shopping, as well as discounts on airport transportation and coupons to local attractions. You can also get a city pass for attractions here.
Inside the Hilton:
- Counter Offer
Offers 24-hour grab-and-go dining, including breakfast and lunch items like hot sandwiches, soups, and salads. Sushi bar open after 5 PM.
- MEDIA GRILL + BAR
Offers a refreshing twist on the contemporary American bistro, with hand-crafted signature cocktails, an extensive wine list, and local craft beers.
- SĒR Steak
With unparalleled views of the Dallas skyline, SĒR offers the finest steaks, chops, and market-fresh seafood. (Reservations recommended.)
Enjoy daily breakfast with an open-air cafe ambiance.
Outside the Hilton:
- Avanti Restaurant // 2720 McKinney Ave // 2.6 mi (4.2 km) // +1.214. 871.4955
Avanti Restaurant offers Italian and Mediterranean dishes with seafood, steaks, veal and homemade pasta as well as a Wine Spectator Awarded wine collection.
- Bread Winners Cafe // 3301 McKinney Ave // 2.9 mi (4.6 km) // +1.214. 754.4940
Bread Winners Cafe offers brunch and baked goods.
- Meso Maya // 1611 McKinney Ave // 2.6 mi (4.2 km) // +1.214. 484.6555
Meso Maya provides a culinary adventure into the fresh, earthy and bold flavors that are the heart and soul of Mayan and Mexican cuisine.
- S & D Oyster Co. // 2701 McKinney Ave // 2.6 mi (4.2 km) // +1.214. 880.0111
For more than 40 years, S & D Oyster Co. has been serving up New Orleans-style seafood while staying true to old family recipes.
- Abacus Restaurant // 4511 McKinney Ave // 5.3 mi (8.5 km) // +1.214. 559.3111
Featuring upscale dining in a casual atmosphere, Abacus Restaurant offers contemporary global cuisine with Pacific Rim influences.
- Dragonfly // 2332 Leonard St // 3.4 mi (5.4 km) // +1.214. 550.9500
Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Dragonfly is known for its innovative cuisine.
- Mercat Bistro // 2501 N Harwood St, 14th Floor // 2.2 mi (3.5 km) // +1.214. 953.0917
Mercat Bistro is a contemporary European-style bistro in Uptown Dallas. Walk into a romantic setting that is inspired by some of the finest European design and culinary practices.
- Ocean Prime // 2101 Cedar Springs Rd, Suite 150 // 2.1 mi (3.4 km) // +1.214. 965.0440
Surf or turf? Get the best of both at Ocean Prime, along with stunning hand-crafted cocktails and world-class wines.
- Truluck’s // 2401 McKinney Ave // 2.4 mi (3.8 km) // +1.214. 220.2401
A getaway for the senses, Truluck’s is all about fresh seafood, juicy steaks, succulent crab and delicious wine.
Don’t see something you like? Check out more Dallas restaurants right here.
Two airports serve the greater Dallas area:
- Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)—16 miles from the conference
DFW is the primary international airport serving the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex and the largest hub of American Airlines.
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)—4 miles from the conference
DAL is a city-owned public airport and the corporate home of Southwest Airlines.
Airport Shuttle Services
- City Shuttle +1.888.760.1998
- Super Shuttle +1.800.258.3826 or +1.972.456.3128
- Yellow Checker Shuttle +1.972.222.2000 or +1.214. 841.1900
- Taxi service at Dallas Love Field Airport is available on the lower level of Terminal 2.
- Taxi service at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is available on the upper level of Terminals A, B, C and E, and on the lower level of Terminal D. An Airport Guest Assistant will be available at the taxi stands between 8:00 AM and midnight. Between midnight and 8:00 AM, dial +1.972.574.5878 to request a taxi.
- The city’s public transportation is provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). For customer information, contact DART at +1.214.979.1111
REQUESTING A LETTER OF INVITATION
We are thrilled by the growing international presence at the ACRM Annual Conference and welcome your participation. If the process for securing a VISA for international travel requires you to submit a “Letter of Invitation” issued by ACRM, we will be happy to assist you. Please complete the following steps to request an invitation.
- Register for the conference
- Remit payment for the conference in full
- Send your written request to Sarah Barrah, Member Services Manager.
Please note: Your email request must come from an institution/university domain, such as a .edu or .gov email address. Email requests sent from personal accounts, such as gmail.com or yahoo.com, will not be processed.
ACRM Annual Conference | Progress in Rehabilitation Research
CORE: 30 SEPT – 3 OCT 2018 // Hilton Anatole, DALLAS, USA // PRE-CONFERENCE: 28 – 30 SEPT