TC 4: Innovations in Limb Loss Rehabilitation
DAY Saturday 25 April 2020
TIME 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
FORMAT Other – Presentation, case-study
TOPIC AREAS Limb Restoration, Cross-Cutting, Technology, Clinical Practice
CAREER LEVEL Intermediate
THE QUICK “WHY”
Yesterday’s science fiction is quickly becoming today’s science fact in the exciting world of limb loss rehabilitation and restoration. Attendees are invited to participate in this full-day multi-disciplinary exploration of the current paradigms and innovations shaping clinical care for limb loss.
There are focused professional education courses on strokes, brain injury, musculoskeletal issues, but not for amputees. ACRM is the only organization offering training specific to the limb loss population. —Daniel J. Le, PT, DPT, GCS, COMT
PRESENTER’S STATEMENT: If you have an interest in limb loss rehabilitation, then this is the course for you to learn more about the current paradigms and innovations shaping clinical care for limb loss. Presenters from various disciplines will assist you in viewing this field through multiple lenses, with the goal of guiding you toward incorporating a holistic approach to limb loss rehabilitation with your care team. —Prateek Grover, MD, PhD
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Medical Doctors, prosthetists, pain management specialists, physical therapists, rehabilitation nurses, occupational therapists, speech therapists are all encouraged to attend.
This course will also appeal to consumers — patients, their families and caregivers, too.
The presenters are from various disciplines and who are well-equipped to gear this session toward a multidisciplinary audience — including physiatrists, surgeons, pain specialists, primary care physicians, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, nurses, prosthetists, researchers, and more.
“Osseointegration, targeted muscle reinnervation, micro-processor controlled powered knees and ankles.” What used to be reserved for science fiction is now a reality in the exciting world of limb loss rehabilitation and restoration. Attendees are invited to participate in this full-day exploration of the innovations and trends currently changing the way healthcare practitioners’ practice. A multi-disciplinary team of physiatrists, surgeons, pain specialists, rehabilitation therapists, and prosthetists will guide attendees on a trip through all of the exciting changes that are happening, and educate attendees on how to properly document, rehabilitate, and interpret the impact of these paradigm shifts. The course is open to all individuals with an interest in the care of persons with limb loss.
- identify innovations in the field of limb loss rehabilitation and restoration.
- demonstrate how to properly document to increase the odds of insurance approval.
- Describe what components best serve specific limb loss populations.
PRESENTER’S STATEMENT: “The presenters for this course are an ensemble of experts who have taught courses on limb loss throughout the country for many years. This is the beginning of what is intended to be a multi-part series playing out over the ACRM conferences for the next several years. By the end of the series you should be the “person” at your facility who is the benchmark for providing evidenced-based care.” —Daniel J. Le, PT, DPT, GCS, COMT
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
- 8 hours of live instruction
- Continuing education credit processing
- Access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters)
- NON-members receive introductory 6- month membership
The rates for this 8-hour course are as low as $169 for members and $219 for non-members — and that includes CME/CEU processing.
2020 SPRING MEETING
This mid-year event is host to the ACRM Training Institute, providing exciting opportunities for in-depth, evidence-based training for rehabilitation clinicians and researchers seeking CME/CEUs. Choose between half-day, full-day, and 2-day courses and earn a Certificate of Attendance and/or up to 16 hours of Continuing Education credit in your choice of 11 disciplines.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is also a venue for networking and collaborating within ACRM’s interdisciplinary community groups and committees. Come find your tribe, contribute to the field, and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community. These groups are the heart of ACRM working to IMPROVE LIVES through rehabilitation research.
All attendees are invited to participate in ACRM community group meetings free of charge. It’s a great time to introduce yourself and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual, inclusive, and inspiring setting. Meetings are still being scheduled, but you can see the community group meeting agenda here.
ACRM Training Institute provides 2 days of Continuing Education with CME/CEUs
VENUE HILTON ATLANTA
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
The Hilton Atlanta is the optimum headquarters with superb on-site amenities.
- SAVE TIME — stay right in the ACTION to maximize efficiency and networking opportunities
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM for the lowest rates available
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from everything ACRM
- Within an 8-block radius of renowned attractions, restaurants, and venues
- Closest hotel to I-75/85 Connector
- Close proximity to Peachtree Center MARTA via sky-bridge
- HEALTH CLUB — stay fit in the hotel gym, featuring Interactive Precor®, and enjoy the rooftop basketball court, tennis court and running track with city views
- 4 ON-SITE DINING OPTIONS
- Nikolai’s Roof – modern, contemporary dining with panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline
- Southern Elements – traditional southern cuisine with a contemporary twist
- Marketplace – 24-hour quick-serve café
- Trader Vic’s – Atlanta’s only Tiki bar featuring island-style cuisine and a tropical ambiance
- HILTON HONORS CLUB — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and member benefits including digital check-in
- GET THE HILTON HONORS AP >> TIP it’s really handy!
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.800.445.8667 with
Booking Code: ARM to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ARM300 for Government Rate rooms – LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
Attendee Rate: $219 per night
Government Rate: $164 per night
plus tax and hotel fee
Rooms include 1 King-size bed & complimentary wifi
Space is limited. Reserve your seat early and save!
*Although no significant changes are anticipated, all courses and presenters are subject to change.