Autonomic Self-Regulation For Integrative Management of Chronic Stress-Related Symptoms TC 1
DAY Friday April 24 2020
TIME 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
FORMAT Instructional Course, Demo, Hands-on, Didactic
TOPIC AREAS Complementary Integrative Rehabilitation Medicine, Clinical Practice, Cross-Cutting, Lifestyle Medicine
CAREER LEVEL Intermediate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Physicians, Physiatrists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists Counselors, Rehabilitation Professionals
Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback (HRVB) together with Mindfulness and Positive Emotion is an integrative health care technique that forms the intervention called ‘Autonomic Self-Regulation’ (ASR). This Instructional Course considers the biologically harmful symptoms of chronic stress and how ASR reduces these symptoms, whether from daily dealings at work, pervasive concerns for physical safety, or chronic conditions like pain and mTBI. ASR empowers patients to self-regulate and normalize an over-activated Sympathetic Nervous System and restore attentional control. Live hands-on demonstration and didactics provide a clear and thorough understanding of how ASR works. Information about shared neural pathways that are affected by chronic stress and ASR will be presented, along with research results from studies of ASR and chronic stress. Signal processing and data analysis will also be discussed. ASR is easy to learn and a well-tolerated method to safely and comfortably rehabilitate the Autonomic Nervous System in an empirically measurable manner.
- Describe the practice of autonomic self-regulation (ASR) for integrative management of chronic stress
- Describe the basic science of Heart Rate Variability and the techniques of Autonomic Self-Regulation
- Identify Heart Rate Variability parameters that are biomarkers of physiological and emotional health
- Discuss how autonomic parameters can be used for health assessment and to promote behavioral change
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
- 4 hours of live instruction
- Continuing education credit processing
- Access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters)
- NON-ACRM members receive introductory 6- month membership
The rates for this 4-hour course are as low as $99 for members and $149 for non-members — and that includes CME/CEU processing.
2020 SPRING MEETING
This mid-year event is host to the ACRM Training Institute, providing exciting opportunities for in-depth, evidence-based training for rehabilitation clinicians and researchers seeking CME/CEUs. Choose between half-day, full-day, and 2-day courses and earn a Certificate of Attendance and/or up to 16 hours of Continuing Education credit in your choice of 11 disciplines.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is also a venue for networking and collaborating within ACRM’s interdisciplinary community groups and committees. Come find your tribe, contribute to the field, and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community. These groups are the heart of ACRM working to IMPROVE LIVES through rehabilitation research.
All attendees are invited to participate in ACRM community group meetings free of charge. It’s a great time to introduce yourself and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual, inclusive, and inspiring setting. Meetings are still being scheduled, but you can see the community group meeting agenda here.
ACRM Training Institute provides 2 days of Continuing Education with CME/CEUs
VENUE HILTON ATLANTA
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
The Hilton Atlanta is the optimum headquarters with superb on-site amenities.
- SAVE TIME — stay right in the ACTION to maximize efficiency and networking opportunities
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM for the lowest rates available
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from everything ACRM
- Within an 8-block radius of renowned attractions, restaurants, and venues
- Closest hotel to I-75/85 Connector
- Close proximity to Peachtree Center MARTA via sky-bridge
- HEALTH CLUB — stay fit in the hotel gym, featuring Interactive Precor®, and enjoy the rooftop basketball court, tennis court and running track with city views
- 4 ON-SITE DINING OPTIONS
- Nikolai’s Roof – modern, contemporary dining with panoramic views of the Atlanta skyline
- Southern Elements – traditional southern cuisine with a contemporary twist
- Marketplace – 24-hour quick-serve café
- Trader Vic’s – Atlanta’s only Tiki bar featuring island-style cuisine and a tropical ambiance
- HILTON HONORS CLUB — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and member benefits including digital check-in
- GET THE HILTON HONORS AP >> TIP it’s really handy!
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.800.445.8667 with
Booking Code: ARM to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ARM300 for Government Rate rooms – LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
Attendee Rate: $219 per night
Government Rate: $164 per night
plus tax and hotel fee
Rooms include 1 King-size bed & complimentary wifi
Space is limited. Reserve your seat early and save!
*Although no significant changes are anticipated, all courses and presenters are subject to change.