Online Learning Center
ONLINE LEARNING CENTER
CLICK & LEARN on your own time — online. Get 24/7 access to professional quality audio recordings of live educational events synchronized with the original presentation slides for a rich learning experience. It's the next best thing to being there!
Videos from ACRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2017: ATLANTA
COGNITIVE REHABILITATION TRAINING
This unique TWO-DAY introductory training teaches evidence-based interventions for impairments of memory, attention, hemispatial neglect, executive function and social communication. Recorded live at the 2012 Annual Conference in Vancouver.
Training is comprised of 5 sessions and 1 Bonus Session, allowing you to listen and learn on your own schedule.
- Session 1: Overview of the Workshop and Introduction to the Manual (50 minutes) with Lance Trexler, PhD, HSPP, FACRM
- Session 2: Attention and Memory (241 minutes) with Amy Shapiro-Rosenbaum, PhD
- Session 3: Hemispatial Neglect (94 minutes) with Donna Langenbahn, PhD, FACRM
- Session 4: Executive Functions (153 minutes) with Kristen Dams-O’Connor, PhD
- Session 5: Social Communication (152 minutes) with Rebecca Eberle, MA, CCC-SLP, BC-NCD
- BONUS SESSION: Challenges of Reimbursement for Cognitive Rehabilitation (45 minutes) with Keith Cicerone, PhD, ABPP-Cn, FACRM
- Six-month access to audio recording of the two-day training synchronized with the original presentation slides
- Printed copy of the Cognitive Rehabilitation Manual: Translating Evidence-Based Recommendations into Practice—$150 value! (additional shipping charges apply).
- Up to 12.5 Continuing Education credits
- Nonmember purchase includes a 6-month introductory ACRM membership with access to all interdisciplinary special interest groups and networking groups.
ACRM Members: $295
Need Assistance with Purchasing?
CONTACT: Sarah Barrah or +1.703.435.5335
Need Assistance with Technical Aspects of Recordings?
CONTACT: Cindy Robinson or +1.703.435.5335
Sessions are led by authors of the original manual on which the training is based, including:
- Keith Cicerone, PhD, ABPP-Cn, FACRM
- Kristen Dams-O’Connor, PhD
- Rebecca Eberle, MA, CCC-SLP, BC-NCD
- Donna Langenbahn, PhD, FACRM
- Amy Shapiro-Rosenbaum, PhD
- Lance Trexler, PhD, HSPP, FACRM
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
CME/CEU credits are available to the following rehabilitation professionals who participate in the online Cognitive Rehabilitation Training:
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA) - Category 1: Domain of OT
- Physical Therapists (ACCME - Non MD CME)
- Physicians (ACCME)
- Speech/Language Therapists (ASHA)
Educational Level: Intermediate
Instructional Method: Video Taped Lecture
STATEMENT OF NEED AND TARGET AUDIENCE
Educational opportunities that promote evidence-based interventions for cognitive rehabilitation are needed by clinicians in order to provide optimum care for individuals with brain injury.
ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Training provides such an opportunity by presenting evidence-based standards and guidelines for clinical practice and translating them into step-by-step procedures for use by clinicians. The interventions described can be readily used by occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, psychologists, and other rehabilitation professionals.
To support the attainment of knowledge, competence, and performance, the learner should be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Use a decision-tree to assist in determining which type of cognitive rehabilitation to implement.
- Describe techniques for improving attention and the steps involved in carrying out treatments.
- Identify the general guidelines for the use of external memory strategies.
- Describe a general algorithm and conceptual framework for structuring interventions for awareness, executive functioning and behavioral / emotional self-regulation.
- Discuss the evidence concerning the effectiveness of cognitive rehabilitation in the selection and implementation of specific, individualized interventions for cognitive disability.
Cancellations can be made in advance of beginning the self-study course. Full registrations fees will be returned minus credit card fees. Once you’ve started the course, there will be no refund available.
In the event that ACRM must cancel the on-line course, all registration fees will be fully refunded. ACRM reserves the right to cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION: Any person may file a signed complaint about ACRM educational events with Kim Ruff. Complaints will be considered by ACRM.
Complaints must be submitted in writing. The complaint must be identified as a complaint. The complaint must clearly describe the specific nature of the complaint, provide supporting data for the charge, specify the changes sought by the complainant, and identify the person making the complaint.
ADA: Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or any other special needs should contact ACRM at (217) 753-1190 (voice/TTY) prior to purchase.
PAYMENT: If a credit card payment is declined, the registrant will be notified and an alternative method of payment requested. A $20 USD processing fee will be applied for returned checks and/or rebilling of a credit card. An additional $15 fee will be charged for payment accepted by Bank Wire transfer.
Although significant changes are not anticipated, the schedules, sessions, and presenters posted on this website are subject to change.