An Electrifying Introduction to the Use of Functional Electrical Stimulation in Neurorehabilitation: A Hands-on Approach IC 18
NOTE Attendees are expected to watch the recorded course anytime at their convenience & then JOIN the one-hour LIVE discussion with presenters & other rehab. pros on Sat 20Mar.
DAY Saturday March 20 2021
TIME 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM
TOPIC AREAS Clinical Practice, Brain Injury, Geriatric Rehabilitation, Pediatric Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Technology
CAREER LEVEL Intermediate
Functional electrical stimulation (FES) is an evidenced-based approach to the training of functional movements. A lack of knowledge and hands-on training in FES is a key barrier to its use in neurorehabilitation practice. This course will help clinicians: 1) understand the different electrical stimulation parameters and how each affects the neurophysiological response; 2) effectively manipulate stimulation parameters; and 3) apply one- and two-channel surface FES to the upper and lower extremities of adults and children with upper motor neuron lesions. This course is relevant to physical and occupational therapists, therapy assistants, physicians and nurses, as well as researchers with an interest in the clinical applications of FES.
- Upon completion, participants will be able to understand the different electrical stimulation parameters and how each affects the neurophysiological response.
- Upon completion, participants will be able to effectively manipulate stimulation parameters to achieve the desired neurophysiological response.
- Upon completion, participants will be able to apply one- and two-channel FES appropriately to the upper and lower extremities of adults and children with upper motor neuron lesions.
This course is pre-recorded from the ACRM 2020 Annual Conference. Buy now and watch the course anytime and anywhere at your convenience and earn CME/CEUs right away. Then, take the evaluation and complete the steps to earn CME/CEUs and don’t miss the 1-hour LIVE DISCUSSION with presenters on Saturday, 20 March.
Registration includes a Certificate of Attendance and /or CME/CEU processing for the following disciplines:
- Certified Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Massage Therapists (NCBTMB)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (TBD)
- Physicians (ACCME Includes Canada Physicians and Physician Assistants)
- Registered Dietitians (CDR)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Rehabilitation Psychologist (APA Division 22)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech-Language-Hearing Pathologists (ASHA)
- 4 hours of pre-recorded instruction
- 1 hour of Live Discussion/Q&A
- Continuing education credit processing
- Access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters)
- NON-members receive introductory 6- month membership
$99 members / $149 non-members
See all registration rates >>
2021 SPRING MEETING
The Spring Meeting is host to the ACRM Training Institute, providing rehabilitation researchers and clinicians seeking CME/CEUs with exciting opportunities for in-depth training and the translation of evidence-based knowledge into clinical practice for rehabilitation clinicians and researchers
Choose from ten courses and earn a Certificate of Attendance and/or up to 20 contact hours of Continuing Education credit in your choice of 13 disciplines via the 2020 Annual Conference Pre-recorded Sessions.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is also a venue for networking and collaborating within the ACRM interdisciplinary community groups and committees. Come find your tribe, contribute to the field, and become a member of this vibrant and welcoming community. These groups are the heart of ACRM, working to IMPROVE LIVES through rehabilitation research.
PRO members may join community group meetings free-of-charge and learn how to get involved — to help get the research into practice faster and move the rehabilitation field forward.
ACRM Training Institute provides 2 days of Continuing Education with CME/CEUs
*Although no significant changes are anticipated, all courses and presenters are subject to change.