Smartphone Apps for Day-to-Day Management of Executive Function Issues IC20
DAY Saturday 13 April 2019
TIME 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Lunchbreak 1:00 PM – 2:00PM)
FORMAT 8-hours Instructional course, Hands-on Workshop
TOPIC AREAS Technology, Brain Injury, Military and Veterans Affairs
CAREER LEVEL Introductory
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologist, Rehabilitation Nurses, Neuropsychologist
Clients with traumatic brain injuries, strokes, multiple sclerosis, ADHD, chronic fatigue, Chemobrain, lupus and other conditions typically face challenges in memory, organization, executive functioning, energy, goal-setting/motivation and self-regulation. Training patients in how to use smartphone and tablet apps improves independence by addressing all these areas of cognitive challenge in a manner that is convenient and non-stigmatizing. See demonstrations of the six apps that can be used to compensate for the majority of cognitive deficits experienced at work, home and school and learn how you can use them yourself in the rehabilitation process. Training will focus on six apps recommended to address note taking, brainstorming/organization, goal-setting, calendaring, and time/energy management, and applying cognitive compensatory strategies. You will learn how these apps can be personalized for your individual patients’ use and the best methods for training patients in how to use them in inpatient, outpatient, transitional and vocational rehabilitation settings.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe how apps can be used in the cognitive rehabilitation process.
- Identify at least three different ways that smart device apps can be used to compensate for cognitive deficits.
- Identify at least three different ways that smart device apps can be used in energy management for patients with fatigue.
- Identify at least three apps that have been shown to be effective in compensating for cognitive deficits.
CME/CEUS 8 Hours
ACRM Training Institute registration includes CME/CEUs for the following disciplines:
- Case Managers (CCMC)
- Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Nurses (ANCC)
- Occupational Therapists (AOTA)
- Physical Therapists (FSBPT-24 states)
- Physicians (ACCME-CME)
- Psychologists (APA Division 22)
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- Speech Therapists (ASHA)
8 hours of live instruction, continuing education credit processing, access to presentation slides (if provided by presenters), NON-ACRM members receive introductory 6- month membership.
Early Bird rate $99 for members and $149 for non-members
We encourage you to register early
Limited space available
The secret sauce for your career
Discounted for ACRM members, the ACRM Spring Meeting offers instructional courses with continuing education credits in your choice of up to 11 disciplines.
Jump in, get involved, meet and work with ACRM members face-to-face in a casual setting. This event is all about getting research into practice in a supercharged atmosphere and a friendly, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
The ACRM Spring Meeting is a venue for face-to-face collaborating of many interdisciplinary ACRM community groups and committees — the heart of ACRM. Come find your tribe and become a member of the vibrant ACRM community.
Ridiculously inexpensive? Yep. That’s because we believe in getting the research to practice ASAP. And we think that having a low-cost to attend is a good way to do that.
Early Bird rates are as low as $49 for members and $99 for non-members — and that includes CME / CEU processing. Are you kidding me?!? Nope. See the rate tables here.
We encourage you to register early — before tickets are gone. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
You’re our people
ACRM attendees are all kinds of rehabilitation professionals — from researchers to clinicians (including
doctors, nurses, PT assistants, hospital administrators to name just a few) to consumers, family, caregivers, and
more. Everyone is invited and warmly welcomed at ACRM.
They span a wide spectrum of experience from students to well-seasoned pros and hail from the largest
rehabilitation institutions and universities to one-person solopreneurs.
Attendees at previous ACRM events include designers, art directors, and production staff from hundreds of
institutions, companies, and universities from all around the world, including:
VENUE HILTON CHICAGO
TOP REASONS to STAY at ACRM HEADQUARTERS HOTEL
This place is beautiful. The Hilton Chicago is the optimum headquarters with superb onsite amenities + easy access to the best of Chicago.
- SAVE TIME — staying right in the ACTION the ultimate venue for efficient collaboration
- SAVE MONEY — book your room through ACRM and SAVE
- CONVENIENCE — you are only an elevator ride away from courses and meeting and located right on the famed Michigan avenue — smack in the middle of city hotspots — Grant Park, museums, Navy Pier, and more
- HEALTH CLUB — on the 8th floor, it’s the largest hotel gym in Chicago with indoor pool and hot tub an indoor running track, strength training and cardio equipment, Synergy 360, and sundeck with views of the Chicago skyline.
- HHONORS Club — join the Hilton Honors through the ACRM Fast Track to GOLD program and get EXTRA points and all the cool member benefits including digital check-in.
- Get the HHONORS APP — TIP: It’s really VERY handy
BOOK NOW to enjoy the SAVINGS and CONVENIENCE of staying on-site at the headquarters hotel.
Or book Hilton by phone: +1.877.865.5320
with Booking Code: ACR to ensure the lowest rates
(Code: ACT for Government booking)
Space is limited. So lock in your seat and REGISTER TODAY >>