Measuring Up: An Introduction to Improving the Meaning of Your Clinical Assessments With Rasch Analysis
"Measuring Up: An Introduction to Improving the Meaning of Your Clinical Assessments With Rasch Analysis"
ACRM TRAINING INSTITUTE
Friday, 13 April // 1 PM - 5 PM
Hilton Anatole, Dallas, Texas
Trudy Mallinson, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, NZROT
Past Chair, ACRM Measurement Networking Group
George Washington University
This workshop will provide attendees with hands on experience to using Rasch Analysis to examine their assessments from a fresh perspective. Attendees will learn how to read and write a Rasch Analysis program using Winsteps software, read and interpret the output from a Winsteps program, and how to recode a rating scale.
Attendees will gain most from the workshop if they come prepared to analyze their own data set, however, the instructor will provide a data set if needed.
- Recognize the value and importance of three measurement concepts: hierarchical order, unidimensionality, equal intervals
- Evaluate and interpret Rasch Analyis output; discuss how this information can be applied to improving assessment pscyhometrics
- Write, run, and critique and troubleshoot basic Winsteps programs
Continuing education hours will be offered by Cedars-Sinai Health System and ACRM for the following professionals:
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists (California Only)
- Speech-Language Professionals (ASHA)
- Psychologists (APA)
- Physicians (ACCME)
- EARLY BIRD RATES: as low as $149 /Early Bird student member; $199 /Early Career; $249 /Member
- Hurry! Register NOW for the best price! Seats are limited
- See all rates & pricing information >>
BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM
Enjoy the savings and convenience of staying onsite at the beautiful headquarters hotel. Choose sophisticated dining in four restaurants and four bars onsite and see the largest hotel art collection in the US with over 1,000 exotic pieces.
REGISTER ONLINE or by Phone: +1.703.435.5335
Questions? Email memberservices@ACRM.org or call the friendly ACRM team +1.703.435.5335
*Although significant changes are not anticipated, all schedules and presenters posted on this website are subject to change.