GALA 2017: Henry B. Betts Awards Dinner & Gala
FRI 27 OCT
- Pre-Gala cocktail hour & Post-Gala celebration: Open to all registrants
- Dinner & Gala itself = TICKETED EVENT is included in the WORLD PASS
6:00 – 7:00 PM: Pre-Gala Cocktail hour: Open to all registered attendees. Cash bar. All are welcome to mix and mingle
7:00 – 11:00 PM: The Henry B. Betts Awards Dinner & Gala is a plated / or buffet dinner — tickets required. Tickets are included in the WORLD PASS. Recipients of prestigious ACRM awards are celebrated — recognizing outstanding contributions to the field and service to ACRM.
9:00 – 11:00 PM: Post-Gala celebration: doors open FREE TO ALL registered attendees with DJ, dancing and cash bar as the celebration continues.
2017 ACRM Awards
Presented at the Gala:
John Stanley Coulter Award: James H. Rimmer, PhD; professor in the School of Health Professions and the first Lakeshore Foundation Endowed Chair in Health Promotion and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), and Director of Research at Lakeshore Foundation
Deborah L. Wilkerson Early Career Award: Emily Nalder, PhD, BOccThy (Hons); University of Toronto, Assistant Professor
Elizabeth and Stanley Licht Award: Huan-Jui Yeh, MD; Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Taoyuan General Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Taiwan, Institute of Public Health, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
Edward Lowman Award:Amy Houtrow, MD, PhD, MPH, Chief, Division of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Vice Chair of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Director, Spina Bifida Program Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh
Mitchell Rosenthal Memorial Award: Kristen Dams-O’Connor, PhD; Associate Professor, Director, Brain Injury Research Center, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Other awards presented at the Gala:
Paul B Magnusson Award
GALA TABLE SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE
Sponsor a table front and center and receive the spotlight your institution’s team deserves. Make this a special night of recognition, connections, and celebration.
Contact Jenny Richard, jrichard@ACRM.org, +1.703.574.5845 for full details.
Who was Henry B. Betts, MD?
- ACRM President 1975-76
- Founding member of the Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Outstanding teacher, colleague, mentor, friend
- His teachings and ideas are the gold standard in rehabilitation
- Princeton and University of Virginia Educated Physician
- Director of Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC)
- Created a holistic environment for care; rehabilitation team
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Understood the role of education in ensuring quality of care
- Strong supporter of independent living movement
- Instrumental in passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
- Dr. Betts did all of this as a physician, educator, leader, and caring citizen
ACRM Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research (PIRR#2017)
CORE: 25 – 28 OCT 2018 // HILTON ATLANTA, USA // PRE-CONFERENCE 23 – 25 OCT