Check out these articles, links to useful resources, tips, and opportunities to find the information you need to keep your career on track. This quarter you'll find several articles about scientific writing.
Ready for your next job or promotion? See the post-doc announcements, interview tips, and tips for success on tenure-track.
Grant Resources and Scientific Writing
- NIH Grant Writing Tip Sheets
- How to Shorten a CV
- Whose Name Goes First?
- Writing Strong Titles for Research Manuscripts
- Why My Manuscript Was Rejected and What I Can Do About It
Funding Opportunities or Opportunities for Assistance
- BRAIN Initiative Fellows: Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship Multiple ICs. Application Receipt Date: March 15, 2017.
- BRAIN Initiative: Research Career Enhancement Award for Investigators to Build Skills in a Cross-Disciplinary Area Multiple Institutes; Application Receipt Date: April 14, 2017.
- The Center for Translation of Rehabilitation Engineering Advances and Technology (TREAT) Entrepreneur Fellowship program
- Travel Award for Secondary Data Analysis of Archived Studies is a new opportunity for early career researchers, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students to perform secondary analysis of data from studies in the Archive of Data on Disability to Enable Policy and research (ADDEP) repository. Award recipients will participate in the CLDR Symposium at the 2017 ACRM Conference.
- TWU Woodcock Institute
- Communities Foundation of Texas
- Top Tips for Internal Grants
- NIH-Sponsored Short Course in Adaptive Neurotechnologies
Albany, New York, July 10-28, 2017:Applications are now being accepted for the second Summer School in Adaptive Neurotechnologies. This comprehensive three-week course is funded by NIH. The 24 successful applicants will receive full support for tuition, room and board, and a stipend for travel.
- New to NIH Seminars in New Orleans, LA and Baltimore, MD
Career Development Training / Jobs / Promotion/ Tenure
- ACRM Rehab Job Board: Free to job seekers. Very competitively priced for employers.
- Postdoctoral Associate opportunity in Spinal Cord Injury Research at the McGuire Research Institute, Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, VA. Applicants should send a CV, a brief description of research interest, and two references to Ashraf Gorgey, MPT, PhD, Director of Spinal Cord Injury Research, Department of Spinal Cord Injury and Disorders; Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center, Richmond, VA.
- Postdoctoral Research position is immediately available in the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, in the Rehabilitation Medicine Research Laboratory. If interested, please send a letter describing your research experience, interests, and future career goals, your CV, and contact information for three references electronically to director and assistant professor, Ceren Yarar-Fisher, PT, PhD, at the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA.
- Postdoctoral fellowship position available beginning fall 2017 in Polytrauma Clinical & Research Fellowship Program (Clinical or Non-Clinical PhD Tracks Available) with Research Interests in Brain injury (Aging and/or Neuroimaging). The Fellowship site is part of the VA Palo Alto Rehabilitation Center which includes the Polytrauma Systems of Care and Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC). It is also affiliated with Stanford University. Applicants must submit: (a) a letter confirming they can fulfill the eligibility requirements; (b) a personal statement describing their interest in the Fellowship; (c) 3 letters of recommendation; and (d) a current curriculum vita. For more information or to apply, contact Maheen M. Adamson, PhD.
- Job postings on Academic Keys
- Tips for Success on your Path to Tenure
- Authenticity and the Job Interview
Leadership, Collaboration, and Networking
Work-Life Balance/Quality of Life
Continuing Education Opportunities