Nominations for the Deborah Wilkerson Early Career Award
This award is given in memory of Deborah L. Wilkerson, former ACRM president and fellow. Deborah was devoted to improving the quality of rehabilitation and independent living services. She demonstrated commitment to person-centered services and served as a powerful advocate for individuals with disabilities.
Nominations are due by 31 March 2017. Learn More >>
ACRM 94th Annual Conference Call for Proposals
- 14 FEB: Instructional Course & Symposia proposals due
- 28 FEB: Scientific Papers and Posters due
- BUILD YOUR CV
Participating in the ACRM Annual Conference and being published in the ARCHIVES are celebration-worthy career milestones
- PRESENT your evidence-based knowledge to a large, INTERNATIONAL audience – 3,000+ attendees expected
- CONNECT with interdisciplinary colleagues who share your research interests and passions
- NETWORK with POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS, mentors, collaborators, and funders
- Gain RECOGNITION as an expert in your topic of research and as an ACRM contributor
- Get Published in the ARCHIVES
The ACRM scientific journal, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ARCHIVES) is the most cited journal in rehabilitation. All accepted paper and poster abstracts will be published (fully searchable and citable) in the online pages of the October issue of ARCHIVES.
- AWARDS — Become eligible for prestigious ACRM AWARDS for outstanding posters
- DISCOVER an interprofessional platform where clinicians can inform research and cutting-edge, evidence-based information can inform best practices in clinical rehabilitation.
Mid-Year Meeting is Happening in April
This small, highly-productive meeting is where the real work of ACRM gets done and professional networks and collaborations develop. It’s a time for interdisciplinary exchange among all members of the rehab team to advance the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation to IMPROVE LIVES. Learn More >>
CMEs NOW AVAILABLE AT MID-YEAR MEETING
Knowledge Translation Workshop in Stroke Rehabilitation: Moving research evidence into stroke rehabilitation practice: Interprofessional workshop on knowledge translation
FRI 28 APR // 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
On Friday, 28 April during the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting in Atlanta, clinicians working in stroke rehabilitation are invited to participate in a full-day knowledge translation workshop led by Anita Menon, PhD, OT(c), erg.
This hands-on workshop is designed for front-line clinicians who want to learn methods for designing effective, evidence-based interventions in stroke rehabilitation.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER >>
as low as $159
Cognitive Rehabilitation Training
26 – 27 April 2017
Preceding the ACRM Mid-Year Meeting
Based on the ACRM Cognitive Rehabilitation Manual: Translating Evidence-Based Recommendations into Practice, this introductory training teaches evidence-based interventions for impairments of executive functions, memory, attention, hemispatial neglect, and social communication.
The two-day workshop, led by authors of the Manual, provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation strategies from leading researchers and clinicians in the field. Learn More >>>
ACRM Networking Group Updates
Physicians & Clinicians Networking Group Update
The Physicians & Clinicians Networking Group has recently transitioned to a new chair, Joe Rosenthal, MD. The group has a Program Committee Officer position open. Please contact Joe Rosenthal for further information/nominations. (Self nominations are welcomed.)