Check out these articles, links to useful resources, tips, and opportunities to find the information you need to keep your career on track. This quarter you’ll find tons of grant resources and tips for new investigators.
Ready for your next job or promotion? See the post-doc and fellowship announcements, interview tips, and advice for transitioning to tenure.
Grant Resources and Scientific Writing
- NIH Grant Writing Tip Sheets
- How to write a research project grant application
- The Anatomy of a Specific Aims Page
- Infographic: How to Write Better Science Papers
- 12 Tips for Scientists Writing for the General Public
Funding Opportunities or Opportunities for Assistance
- Clinical Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship with an emphasis in Chronic Pain & Psycho-Oncology
Tampa VA Medical Center. Applications due January 1, 2017.
- BRAIN Initiative Fellows: Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (F32; RFA-MH-17-250) Multiple ICs. Application Receipt Date(s): March 15, 2017.
- BRAIN Initiative: Research Career Enhancement Award for Investigators to Build Skills in a Cross-Disciplinary Area (K18; RFA-DA-17-022) Multiple Institutes; Application Receipt Date(s): April 14, 2017.
- Rehabilitation Research Career Development Programs (K12; RFA-HD-17-021) Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Application Receipt Date: December 28, 2016.
- NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research (P30; RFA-NS-17-011). National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Application Receipt Date(s): February 14, 2017.
- Secondary Analyses of Existing Datasets in Heart, Lung, and Blood Diseases and Sleep Disorders (R21; PAR-17-004) National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): New applications: February 24, 2017; February 23, 2018; February 22, 2019.
- Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions (SPARC) Program Announces Funding Opportunities.
- NSD-PFC Award for Physiotherapy Research in Neurosciences
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) (R25; PAR-17-051). National Institute of General Medical Science. Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 24, 2017; January 24, 2018; January 24, 2019.
- Research Education: Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program (R25; PAR-17-053). National Institute of General Medical Sciences. Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 27, 2017; January 26, 2018; and January 28, 2019.
- The Center for Translation of Rehabilitation Engineering Advances and Technology (TREAT) Entrepreneur Fellowship program
- Informational Webinar on the NIH Blueprint Diversity Specialized Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Advancement in Neuroscience (D-SPAN) Award (F99/K00)
Career Development Training/ Jobs / Promotion/ Tenure
- ACRM Rehab Job Board
- Postdoctoral T32 Fellowship
- Doctoral or Postdoctoral opportunity in Rehabilitation Sciences @ University of Toronto with Dr. Andrea Iaboni. Potential candidates should email their CV, research statement, and contact details of two academic references to: email@example.com
- How to Shine in Job Interviews
- How to be Off the Tenure Track and Love It
- Resources for Each Phase of Mentorship
- Checklist for Determining Mentor-Mentee Fit
- Finding a Good Mentor
- Research Mentoring
Leadership, Collaboration, and Networking
- 33 Ways to Define Leadership
- Research Collaboration Tools
- A Brief Guide to Research Collaboration for the Young Scholar
- Networking for Introverts
Work-Life Balance/Quality of Life
- The Cost of Getting a PhD that No One Talks About
- 6 Ways to Improve your Work-Life Balance Today
- Get Yourself a NO Committee
Continuing Education Opportunities