2015 ACRM Annual Conference Dallas
There are lots of reasons to attend the ACRM conference as an Early Career Professional:
- Great educational content! Stay abreast of the latest and greatest evidence-based clinical research
- Discounts: Great discounts are available for early career professionals. Full conference registration as low as $345/students
- Early Career Development Course (Pre-Conference Workshop): Register for an informative, hands-on course designed just for early career professionals! **More information here….
- Free Welcome Reception: A fantastic opportunity to learn about exciting groups you could join within ACRM. Also a great chance to network with leaders in rehabilitation.
- Networking and collaborative opportunities: Connect with, and establish collaborations with colleagues who share your research interests
- Boost your visibility: Become involved with ACRM’s many Special Interest Groups and Networking Groups to build your CV and get recognition by leaders in the field of rehabilitation.
- Early Career Awards and Scholarships: Become an ACRM member and become eligible to be nominated for early career awards and scholarships.
- Build your professional service: ACRM has lots of great Interdisciplinary Special Interest Groups (ISIG) and Networking Groups where you can get participate, and even lead, great projects. Moreover, many of these groups have designated a position on their executive committees for an Early Career Representative. Check out the schedule of ACRM group meetings scheduled during the conference and plan to attend the ones that best align with your interests and expertise.
This just added to the Early Career Development Course (ECDC) agenda: Lunch Roundtable Discussions with Your Favorite Mentors! Lunch is included with registration. You choose the topic/mentor you wish to join—it's an invaluable, can’t miss experience!
Lunch Roundtable Discussion Topics and Mentors include:
- What makes a good Career Development Award (CDA) application: Dr. Ralph Nitkin
- Choosing a mentor/developing a mentoring team: Dr. Dawn Neumann
- Job negotiations: salary, start up, space/resources: Dr. Steve Page
- Balancing clinical and research efforts (this could include time management/allocation, negotiating for protected research time, etc): Dr. Flora Hammond
- General Work/Life Balance: Dr. Sangeetha Madhaven
- Gender issues: Drs. Stephanie A. Kolakowsky-Hayner and Monique Pappadis
- Finding your place in team science (leading a team vs. being part of a team, getting involved with existing teams, developing a new team): Dr. Noelle Carlozzi
Early Career Networking Groups Meetings
Save the date and plan to participate face-to-face in Dallas!
WED, 28 OCT: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
- Early Career Networking Group Physicians Task Force Meeting
THU, 29 OCT:
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Early Career Networking Group Business Meeting #1053
- 5:45 PM - 6:30 PM: ACRM Membership Meeting #1046 OPEN TO ALL
GET THE CONFERENCE APP
Download the free Conference App and start exploring the conference today! Search sessions by time, date, track, presenter, key word, title, and ID number. Search for your favorite speakers and follow them to the sessions they're presenting in Dallas. Read complete course descriptions of every session.
BUILD YOU OWN AGENDA
From the device you plan to use while you're at the conference, select the sessions of interest and build your own customized agenda to keep dates, times and room numbers at your fingertips. Please note: You may download the app to your laptop, tablet, phone, or desktop, but your customized agenda will only be visible from the device on which it was built.