Annual Conference Content for Cancer Rehabilitation
In addition to the many cross-cutting symposia, featured plenaries, and lectures relevant to multiple diagnostics and practice areas, the ACRM 91st Annual Conference offers a full track of NONSTOP educational content for CANCER REHABILITATION.
ACRM 91st Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research
7 — 11 October 2014
InterContinental, Toronto Centre and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Toronto, ON, Canada
IN-DEPTH INSTRUCTIONAL COURSES
Choose between 23 half-day courses and dig deep into special interest areas. CME/CEU credits included in your choice of 11 disciplines. The more you attend, the more you save!
Perfect also for busy, local professionals, patients, and caregivers who need to know about the latest rehabilitation research informing clinical practice, but cannot attend the full conference.
THREE Instructional Courses for CANCER REHABILITATION
WEDNESDAY // 8 OCTOBER
- #7 The Role of Physical Therapy Across the Patient Care Continuum in Pediatric Oncology (#1385)
- #8 Cancer Rehabilitation: An Update and Discussion of Future Care (#1055)
- #16 Cancer Rehabilitation: Utilization of Inpatient Rehabilitation for the Oncology Patient (#1084)
CORE CONFERENCE SYMPOSIA
With a strong interdisciplinary focus, the 91st Annual Conference Program offers more than 100 symposia in 7 tracks, plus dozens of cross-cutting symposia relevant to multiple diagnoses. It’s the ONE conference for the WHOLE rehabilitation TEAM.
NEW in 2014: NONSTOP Content for CANCER REHABILITATION
THURSDAY // 9 OCTOBER
- Advancing Cancer Survivorship Care With Integrated Cancer Rehabilitation Treatment Algorithms for Symptom Management (#1246)
- The Inpatient Rehabilitation Experience of Patients With Cancer (#1304)
- Recognizing Imbalance and Fall Risk in Cancer Survivors (#1150)
- Evidence-Informed Intervention Approaches to Help Cancer Survivors Self-Manage Cognitive and Behavioral Concerns (#1163)
- Development, Implementation and Sustainability of an Early Mobilization Program for Critically Ill Oncology Adult Patients (#1206)
FRIDAY // 10 OCTOBER
- Treating People With Cancer: Opportunities for Professionals Exist, But What Are the Learning Needs? (#1208)
- Improving Outcomes With Multimodal Prehabilitation in Surgical Cancer Patients (#1149)
- Disability Within the Context of Breast Cancer Screening, Treatment, and Survivorship (#1285)
SATURDAY // 11 OCTOBER
- Rehabilitation of Medically Complex Liquid Tumor Inpatients: Challenges and Solutions (#1241)
- Post-Mastectomy Pain Syndrome: Etiology and Risk Factor Identification Informs Current and Future Treatment Options (#1121)
ACRM COMMUNITIES MEETINGS
ACRM supports 13 interdisciplinary communities of rehabilitation professionals focused on a specific diagnostic or practice area. These groups are the lifeblood of ACRM and provide members opportunities for collaboration, recognition, publishing, networking, and much more. Many of these groups will meet during the annual conference and welcome new members.
The newly formed ACRM Cancer Rehabilitation Networking Group invites you to get involved at the ground floor and help identify the direction and goals of this important group and its contributions to the mission of ACRM. Step up to a leadership role by chairing a new task force.
SAVE THE DATES
What better time to connect with colleagues who share your interests than during the annual conference!
Cancer Rehabilitation Networking Group Meeting
THURSDAY // 9 OCTOBER, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
*ACRM Membership Meeting
FRIDAY // 10 OCTOBER, 5:45 PM – 6:30 PM
New to ACRM? The annual Membership Meeting is a great opportunity to learn more about the important work of ACRM, meet the leadership, and discover ways your participation can make an impact. All attendees are encouraged to attend.